Topic
8 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-03-16T19:04:46Z by J31S_Mohammad_Khan
J31S_Mohammad_Khan
J31S_Mohammad_Khan
7 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Unable to install WASRR V7.5 on windows server 2003.

‏2012-03-09T15:40:15Z |
Hi All,

I am trying to install WSRR trail version V7.5 on Windows server 2003.WAS 7.0 (Network Deployment) and DB2 9.1 are already installed and up and running on my machine.Here are the steps I used:

1)-Downloaded the WSRR trail version.

2)-Started the installtion.Installtion Manager started.Selected WSRR 7.5.0.1 and Business Space 7.5.0.1.Clicked Next.Got
the following error:

"Instalephere Service Registry and Repository Server 7.5.0.1 is not allowed.It is not compatible with IBM Business
Space powered by WebSphere 7.5.0.1."

When I clicked on Details,I see the following message:

"Installing WebSphere Service Registry and Repository Server 7.5.0.1 is not allowed; it is not compatible with IBM® Business Space powered by WebSphere® 7.5.0.1.
In root installation context:
Component "com.ibm.was.core.FP70017" required by component "com.ibm.wsrr.server.core" was not found"
Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem.

Thanks.
Updated on 2012-03-16T19:04:46Z at 2012-03-16T19:04:46Z by J31S_Mohammad_Khan
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    141 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Unable to install WASRR V7.5 on windows server 2003.

‏2012-03-09T16:22:05Z  in response to J31S_Mohammad_Khan
    You need to apply fixpack 17 or later to your WAS install.
    • J31S_Mohammad_Khan
      J31S_Mohammad_Khan
      7 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-09T16:33:47Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please point me to the link where I can download fixpack 17.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        141 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-09T16:42:53Z  in response to J31S_Mohammad_Khan
        http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24029634
        • J31S_Mohammad_Khan
          J31S_Mohammad_Khan
          7 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-10T22:23:35Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Hi,

Thanks for providing the link.

Applied the fix pack to WAS 7.0.Started installation manager.Still getting the same error as posted earlier.I am also seeing another error " the imported package is not synchronized".

Is there any specific way to synchronize the imported package? Also,how can I configure repository connection? ( IM is pointing to C:\temp\WSRR\wsrr\repository)

Thanks for your help.
          • MarkSTaylor
            MarkSTaylor
            15 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-13T17:15:14Z  in response to J31S_Mohammad_Khan
            You configure a repository connection after starting IM by selecting:

File -> Preferences... -> Repositories

To resolve the 'package not synchronized' error, please try downloading the following file, extracting it to a directory and configuring the directory as a new repository connection:

http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/websphere/downloads/was/import/was.7.0.import.zip

Now retry the install.
            • J31S_Mohammad_Khan
              J31S_Mohammad_Khan
              7 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-15T21:02:37Z  in response to MarkSTaylor
              Hi,

After adding the repository,started IM using launch pad.WSRR and Business Space got insalled successfully.

When I start IM using launchpad,I see a couple of options - Studio Installation,Client Installation database scripts.

Have a few questions:

1)-Do I need to create separate WSRR profile or I can use the existing profile in my WAS (ND) installation?

2)-I would like to install WSRR studio also.Is there a trial version available for studio? If so,could you please post the link I can use to download it?

3)-Do I also need to install client? or I can work with WSRR without insalling it?

4)-Do I need to run database scripts to get WSRR up and running? ( in C:WSRR\wsrr\dbscripts\WSRR directory on my machine, I see database scripts for DB2, oracle and other databases and I have DB2 9.1 up and running on my machine)

Thanks for your help.
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                141 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-16T11:34:54Z  in response to J31S_Mohammad_Khan
                1. No you can augment your WAS default profile with the standalone WSRR server profile. Check the WSRR infocenter for more details.

2. No. I don't think there is a trial version of Studio available. Sorry.

3. No you don't need the client. It contains java client files to connect to WSRR programmatically from java should you want to. There are also some eclipse plugins which you can add to an existing eclipse install to retrieve content from WSRR if you wish. Both are optional though.

I think the Trial Edition of WSRR only includes a trial version of the server code. I don't think it includes either the client or studio components. The launchpad you're running is from the full version of the product though so hasn't been updated for the Trial Edition to reflect the fact they're missing.
                • J31S_Mohammad_Khan
                  J31S_Mohammad_Khan
                  7 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-16T19:04:46Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                  Hi Chris/Mark,

I created a separate WSRR profile.That worked.WSRR_V75 is up and running on my machine.

Thanks for your help.

Best Reagrds.