Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2012-03-09T18:15:30Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
9224 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to find the version of sMash I am using?

‏2012-03-07T23:30:35Z |
I just started playing around with sMash yesterday, please forgive me for my dumb question ;-)

Is there any easy way to tell what version of sMash I am using?

Thanks,
Terry
Updated on 2012-03-09T18:15:30Z at 2012-03-09T18:15:30Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9224 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to find the version of sMash I am using?

‏2012-03-09T18:15:30Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    sMash was architected in a modular fashion, providing a library of individual dependency modules that are included as-needed to compose an application.

the 'zero version' command will give you the versioning info for the smash components "in-context" for the current file system location. When run from within a directory inside a sMash application, it will let you know which modules you have resolved for that particular application. When run from outside of any app it will show you information for the installed command line interface. Its not common, but two different sMash apps could include different versions of the same module, even within the same installation. 'zero version' always shows the version of java being used.

Much more detail about sMash's dependency management available here -> http://www.projectzero.org/sMash/1.1.x/docs/zero.devguide.doc/zero.cli.tasks/DependencyManagement.html

At an abstract level, we've been at 1.1.1.5 for well over a year, so it would be a little surprising if you found something older than that.