• 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-05-09T05:47:41Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
754 Posts

Pinned topic java and cplex

‏2012-03-06T08:30:31Z |
Hello
I have a problem with adding cplex.jar to my java project. I installed the new Lion OX and I used to add the cplex.jar to my java projects easily when I had snow leopard, but now when I add the jar file and run the program I get the following error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no cplex124 in java.library.path
java.library.path must point to the directory containing the CPLEX shared library
try invoking java with java -Djava.library.path=...
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: ilog.cplex.Cplex.CPXopenCPLEX([I)J
at ilog.cplex.Cplex.CPXopenCPLEX(Native Method)
at ilog.cplex.CplexI.init(CplexI.java:5722)
at ilog.cplex.CplexI.<init>(CplexI.java:611)
at ilog.cplex.IloCplex.<init>(IloCplex.java:10384)
at test.main(test.java:15)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:120)

I even installed the cplex 12.4 and I use intelidea as an IDE for my java. Do you have any ideas?
Updated on 2012-05-09T05:47:41Z at 2012-05-09T05:47:41Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    754 Posts

Re: java and cplex

‏2012-03-06T09:33:19Z  
    What is the value of your java.library.path property? Does it point to the folder that contains the cplex124 shared object?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    754 Posts

‏2012-03-06T18:49:14Z  
    What is the value of your java.library.path property? Does it point to the folder that contains the cplex124 shared object?
    yes, after I added the cplex.jar, I expand the arrow on the left side and set the native location library to the cplex lib path
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    754 Posts

‏2012-03-07T08:04:02Z  
    yes, after I added the cplex.jar, I expand the arrow on the left side and set the native location library to the cplex lib path
    Do the Java examples shipped with CPLEX work?
    To test this do (replace /path/to/COS/installation, PORT and SYSLIB appropriately)

cd /path/to/COS/installation/cplex/examples/PORT/SYSLIB make execute_java

Does this work? Is this able to run the Java examples? Or do you get the same error message?
  • MarioWinter
    MarioWinter
    2 Posts

‏2012-05-08T06:33:40Z  
    I've got the same problems on Mac OS. I even can't locate the shared library cplex124.so in any of the ILOG installation directories. Where is it or where should it be???
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    754 Posts

‏2012-05-08T06:39:38Z  
    I've got the same problems on Mac OS. I even can't locate the shared library cplex124.so in any of the ILOG installation directories. Where is it or where should it be???
    On MacOS the extension for the shared library is '.jnilib' instead of '.so'. It should be in directory INSTALLROOT/cplex/bin/x86-64_darwin9_gcc4.0 (or INSTALLROOT/cplex/bin/x86_darwin9_gcc4.0 for 32bit systems).
  • MarioWinter
    MarioWinter
    2 Posts

‏2012-05-08T13:31:22Z  
    On MacOS the extension for the shared library is '.jnilib' instead of '.so'. It should be in directory INSTALLROOT/cplex/bin/x86-64_darwin9_gcc4.0 (or INSTALLROOT/cplex/bin/x86_darwin9_gcc4.0 for 32bit systems).
    Thanx, found it! The delivered make worked anyway, and the java examples run from the shell. Unfortunately, I dont get them compiled and executed with eclipse - the cplex124 lib not found error still exists. Maybe it's a configuration problem with jre and 32/64 bit or the eclipse internal compiler doesn't get the calls right?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    754 Posts

‏2012-05-09T05:46:32Z  
    Thanx, found it! The delivered make worked anyway, and the java examples run from the shell. Unfortunately, I dont get them compiled and executed with eclipse - the cplex124 lib not found error still exists. Maybe it's a configuration problem with jre and 32/64 bit or the eclipse internal compiler doesn't get the calls right?
    Did you set the java.library.path properly? In the run configuration you need a VM argument like

-Djava.library.path=/path/to/folder/with/lib

It may be that the virtual machine started by eclipse is different from the virtual machine you use on the command line. Maybe try the 32bit version of the CPLEX library and also the 64bit version of it.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    754 Posts

‏2012-05-09T05:47:41Z  
    By the way, there is a technote/FAQ about how to setup eclipse with CPLEX here.