Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2012-03-10T01:08:47Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
254 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Error when trying to add a Note (Annotation) to a given Content instance

‏2012-03-05T14:55:38Z |
Hi There,

I am currently facing a strange problem when I try to attach a Note (as a Annotation) to a given Content which is loaded from a repository.

I am developing a new connector for a new ECM vendor. Unfortunately they have forgotten to create a 'link' between the annotations and the master document. Now I am the lucky winner to link those back together. My idea was like "Check the document if there is a matching note stored in repository (which indeed is due to some property descriptons which can be used to identfy and link those pairs).

I have done some modifications to my connector and now I am able to
  • load the requested document
  • put all neccessary informations into a new Content instance
(com.venetica.vbr.client.Content)
  • Load the 'forgotten' note (which is stored as a 'full' document within the repo)
  • read the content from the note (just ascii text)
  • create a new com.venetica.vbr.client.anno.Note
  • to finally add this note to the new content instance

content.addAnnotation(note)

When doing this, I will find a VeniceBridgeException in my log file which tells me

'COEC0108E: Attempted to retrieve a server connection without a login ID.'

I do not want to save the note to document I want just link them together 'on the fly' so the customer can see both in one request. I thought about to accomplish this issue within my webclient but this would bust the benefit-cost ratio.

When I do some debugging on the client side I will find that content.hasAnnotations() is set to true but the attached list of annotation is 'null'.

We are currently using ICI 8.5.1.1 within WAS 7 on a SLES 10 linux distribution.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks in advance
Thomas
Updated on 2012-03-10T01:08:47Z at 2012-03-10T01:08:47Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    254 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Error when trying to add a Note (Annotation) to a given Content instance

‏2012-03-10T01:08:47Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    The ICI Content.addAnnotation(Annotation) will need to retrieve the original annotations from the repository then add the new annotation. And that's why it needs to connect to the repository server. If you don't log on to the connector yo will get that errir as 'COEC0108E: Attempted to retrieve a server connection without a login ID.'
    If you want to link annotation with content on the fly, you should do it in your application. With ICI's Content.addAnnotation(Annotation); Content.update() it will add annotation to the content according to connector's logic. ICI does not provide the "link on the fly".