Currently we are developing the code in version 7.5. As per the client concern we need to run the those jobs in the version 8.5/8.7. Here my questions are like.
1. what are the precautions needs to be taken while developing the code in 7.5 version, since the same jobs needs to be ran in version 8.5/8.7.
2. what are the configuration files like environments variables,job properties, ...so forth needs to be changed before moving the jobs in the version 8.5/8.7.
3. Is there any UNIX level properties needs to be changed?
4. Is there any set up files needs to be changed?
5. can you please list me the generic/Technical errors that will arose at the time of moving/running the jobs in DS 8.5/8.7.which are developed in version 7.5.
Thanks in advance for all your help and support.
This topic has been locked.
2 replies Latest Post - 2012-03-05T00:56:38Z by SystemAdmin
Pinned topic Migrate datastage7.5 to datastage8.5/8.7 concerns
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2012-03-05T00:56:38Z at 2012-03-05T00:56:38Z by SystemAdmin
ThuanNg 0600004UJJ2 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: Migrate datastage7.5 to datastage8.5/8.7 concerns2012-03-03T10:10:11Z in response to karthikreddy786Hi,
One crutial point you forgot is the change in architecure.
In V7.x you only have client -> Server (Engine)
In V8.x you have
-> Services layer (Websphere)
-> Engine layer (DS Engine)
-> metadata repository
You existing hardware will be insufficent and plan to triple its capacity in term on memory/CPU etc.
The migrated jobs will function as-is since the Datastage components are backward compatible.
Check these link.