I am facing some performance issue. My storage is DS5100 which is running for SAP. When media scan run in ds5100 SAP getting performance slow.
Another problem when ERM (ds5100-ds5100) running that time also SAP getting performance slow.
Firmware version: 07.60.52.00
OS: RHEL5 (2.6.18-238)
Can some one help me ..............
Pinned topic DS5100 Performance issue.........
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2012-08-22T22:54:17Z at 2012-08-22T22:54:17Z by Berniebgbb
Berniebgbb 060001P1K783 Posts
Re: DS5100 Performance issue.........2012-08-22T11:26:34ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.Statements from the Redbook.
1. We have seen no effect on I/O with a 30 day setting (Default) unless the processor is utilized in excess
2. If the media scan process sees it is reaching its maximum run time and calculates
that it is not going to complete in the time remaining, it will increase its priority and can impact
3. Shorter schedules require lower utilization rates to avoid impact.
1. You could try setting the Srubbing to every 7 days and have it fall on a Saturday or Sunday, you will need to do a controller reset on Saturday or Sunday to start the correct Cycle.
2. Disable Media Scan on ALL VOLUMES and Script it to run when you want, however I would not leave it beyond 30 days. Eventually the physical Disks will force a scan and it may take many hours to perform definitely impacting performance.
Would be worth checking how much load is actually on the array.....Are you near the 95% utilisation mark?
kopper 270002SPMP181 Posts
Re: DS5100 Performance issue.........2012-08-22T15:47:50ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
- Berniebgbb 060001P1K7
thanks a lot for the info
just one question how do I "Would be worth checking how much load is actually on the array.....Are you near the 95% utilisation mark?"?
How do I check the load on the Array?
also you mention something related with processor 95% utilization...how do you check processor utilization? I searched and I found out check processor utilization on these DS was not possible