Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-03-02T13:32:25Z by JGraul
JGraul
JGraul
29 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Building a New Managing Server

‏2012-02-29T20:43:11Z |
We had to build a new ITCAM for AD managing server. The old one will no longer start and is having major problems in general. How do we get the Agents to start using the new server? We configured all the agents using an alias for the MS, therefore the configuration shouldn't change.
Updated on 2012-03-02T13:32:25Z at 2012-03-02T13:32:25Z by JGraul
  • dgowan777
    dgowan777
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Building a New Managing Server

‏2012-02-29T21:49:51Z  in response to JGraul
    Hi JGraul.

Have you recycled the data collectors (DCs)? If you used a DNS alias for the managing server (MS) in the DC configuration, and this alias has been updated to point to the new server, the DCs should report in to the new MS.

Hope all goes well.

Thanks.

Darin Gowan
  • JGraul
    JGraul
    29 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-01T13:44:09Z  in response to JGraul
    I think the problem I'm having now is with the new Managing Server. I did restart the JVM as well as the DC. I did a netstat on the app server and see it trying to connect to the MS, but no connection was established. I'll need to do some troubleshooting on the MS. Thanks.
    • yaner
      yaner
      7 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-01T15:00:01Z  in response to JGraul
      Hi

1. Can you check if you add the new MS IP and hostname into the host file in the system with DC?
      2. Can you check if all component of MS are running?
    • davidlskeen
      davidlskeen
      68 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-01T19:52:57Z  in response to JGraul
      If a DC is not connecting to MS, the steps to analyze that problem are at technote Data Collector not Connecting to Managing Server https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21267468

MS self-diagnosis is very useful to analyze problems with the MS or with DC connectivity to the MS; it is available from the MS Visualization Engine (VE) at Administration → Managing Server → Self-Diagnosis. MS self-diagnosis shows the status of the MS components and the connections with DCs; it is described at info center topic Self-diagnosis http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v24r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.itcamfad.doc_7101/itcam_71_msve_help/self-diagnosis.html
      --
      Dave Skeen
  • JGraul
    JGraul
    29 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-02T13:32:25Z  in response to JGraul
    Thanks for all the responses. The answer was to run the MS as the user that installed ITCAM. Really disliking Windows 2008 Server more and more...