• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-15T14:23:40Z by SystemAdmin
Vengatii
Vengatii
15 Posts

Pinned topic How to use RTC in WPF.

‏2012-02-29T13:08:56Z |
Hi,

If i changes any files in WPF designer, RTC Pending changes doesn't list the outgoing and unresolved changes.

How to setup it. Please give the kinds for me. It is very useful.
Updated on 2012-11-15T14:23:40Z at 2012-11-15T14:23:40Z by SystemAdmin
  • DGawron
    DGawron
    580 Posts

Re: How to use RTC in WPF.

‏2012-03-07T14:39:26Z  
    WEF projects aren't different than any other Eclipse projects used with RTC. You need to associate the project with an RTC workspace and make sure you don't have ignore files preventing RTC from seeing changes. There are some WEF files you never want RTC to track and those would be generated dynamically due to model regen. For example, files under WEB-INF\factory\generated\genjava.
  • dmelby
    dmelby
    131 Posts

‏2012-11-15T13:34:53Z  
    • DGawron
    • ‏2012-03-07T14:39:26Z
    WEF projects aren't different than any other Eclipse projects used with RTC. You need to associate the project with an RTC workspace and make sure you don't have ignore files preventing RTC from seeing changes. There are some WEF files you never want RTC to track and those would be generated dynamically due to model regen. For example, files under WEB-INF\factory\generated\genjava.
    We are using RTC to manage our source code (etc.) for the WEF projects. Our issue relates to what DGawron indicated: "There are some WEF files you never want RTC to track and those would be generated dynamically due to model regen. For example, files under WEB-INF\factory\generated\genjava." Right now, when I try load a project from RTC into my workspace, some of the files are missing. What files and folders need to be included / ignored to make sure all the appropriate changes are getting into RTC?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9029 Posts

‏2012-11-15T14:23:40Z  
    • dmelby
    • ‏2012-11-15T13:34:53Z
    We are using RTC to manage our source code (etc.) for the WEF projects. Our issue relates to what DGawron indicated: "There are some WEF files you never want RTC to track and those would be generated dynamically due to model regen. For example, files under WEB-INF\factory\generated\genjava." Right now, when I try load a project from RTC into my workspace, some of the files are missing. What files and folders need to be included / ignored to make sure all the appropriate changes are getting into RTC?
    Generally, only developer-contributed files should be added to source control. This includes models, profile sets, custom Java code, HTML files, custom Data Layout builder templates, external JavaScript files, web-inf/config/override.properties, and others. In addition to the files dgawron mentioned, WEF framework files should not be added. For example, files in wef-inf/lib/ such as factory.jar.

From the field, here's what I've typically seen: Only developer-contributed files are checked in. A new developer creates a new WEF project in the workspace so that the new project wizard can create all the necessary framework files. Then, using an Eclipse plugin for source control, the developer populates the project with the developer-contributed artifacts from source control.

As a reference, here are some articles regarding WEF and source control:
    http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/xpViewTags.xsp?categoryFilter=Source+Control

sam