Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-03T14:40:06Z by firstgentrekkie
Anupam2906
Anupam2906
1 Post

Pinned topic Color of text in object

‏2012-02-29T10:33:07Z |
How to change the color and font size of text in object?
Updated on 2013-01-03T14:40:06Z at 2013-01-03T14:40:06Z by firstgentrekkie
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1084 Posts

Re: Color of text in object

‏2012-02-29T22:41:10Z  
    DOORS is very basic when it comes to word processing features. The only way that you can apply custom font sizes and colors to selected text within a module object is to view the text in raw Rich Text Format (RTF) and modify the RTF control words - not easy unless you have very good working knowledge of the RTF standard and the DOORS DXL RTF library functions.

The DOORS Explorer Tools > Options > Display Tab menu allows you to customise the font and font size of text appearing in the Main Column of a module (Object Text and Object Heading attributes) - but I suspect that this is not what you're after - these custom changes only apply to your login profile and not for all users unless someone creates a display scheme, saves it, and gets everyone else to select the same scheme.

Paul Miller
    Melbourne, Australia
  • firstgentrekkie
    firstgentrekkie
    21 Posts

‏2012-12-20T20:55:18Z  
    DOORS is very basic when it comes to word processing features. The only way that you can apply custom font sizes and colors to selected text within a module object is to view the text in raw Rich Text Format (RTF) and modify the RTF control words - not easy unless you have very good working knowledge of the RTF standard and the DOORS DXL RTF library functions.

The DOORS Explorer Tools > Options > Display Tab menu allows you to customise the font and font size of text appearing in the Main Column of a module (Object Text and Object Heading attributes) - but I suspect that this is not what you're after - these custom changes only apply to your login profile and not for all users unless someone creates a display scheme, saves it, and gets everyone else to select the same scheme.

Paul Miller
    Melbourne, Australia
    I used this feature and was able to change the size of the font used in a new module, but when I opened a pre-existing module, there was no effect on the font size. Is that true, or is there some other step I skipped?
  • firstgentrekkie
    firstgentrekkie
    21 Posts

‏2013-01-03T14:40:06Z  
    On a small scale--to highlight a word or phrase with a background color--we format the word or sentence in Word and then copy & paste it into a DOORS object. That doesn't seem to affect font size or font color, though.