Topic
13 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-05-22T13:44:57Z by sspavan
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
783 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WCG V8 Sample Eclipse Workspace

‏2012-02-28T14:36:48Z |
Well, we've been holding onto this sample for far too long. We wanted to add more samples to it before posting it, but have been too busy with other things. Nevertheless, it is useful in its current form and a number of users have asked for it. So we will put it out for you to try. We hope to make some enhancements to it over time and release updated versions. We shall see. Feel free to make suggestions for improvement.

To use, just download, unzip and open workspace folder "batchdevenv.8.0.0.0/workspace" with Eclipse. Readme.txt should already be open. This workspace was built with Helios SR2.
Updated on 2012-05-22T13:44:57Z at 2012-05-22T13:44:57Z by sspavan
  • sspavan
    sspavan
    60 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WCG V8 Sample Eclipse Workspace

‏2012-03-06T16:37:00Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    From where do I download the samples.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      783 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-06T17:57:12Z  in response to sspavan
      There are two sample applications in the workspace, they are explained in the readme.txt. All other WCG samples are installed with the product. You can install the trial to get them if you wish.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        783 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-06T18:14:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Well, someone just informed me the workspace zip file is not attached to forum entry. I'll try again.
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          783 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-06T18:17:03Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Here it is:
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            783 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-06T18:19:40Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            Hmm, the upload completes, but there is no link to the attachment. Sorry folks, I'll need to get some help from the webmaster. We'll post again once this is cleared up.
      • sspavan
        sspavan
        60 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-06T19:54:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        I have WCG 8 installed (it's a licensed version not a trail) and when I try to import the existing samples I get following error message "The plugin containing this sample could not be found. This can happen if an optional plugin containing the sample has not been installed."
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          783 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-09T16:07:47Z  in response to sspavan
          I'm not sure what that is. Can you elaborate? Please be precise: importing what into what? A sample directory? Which directory? A sample ear file? Into what, Eclipse? Which version/edition? What kind of project did you attempt to import the sample into?
          • sspavan
            sspavan
            60 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-09T16:45:22Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            I am working in WebSphere 8.0.3 env. So in RSA I go to Samples --> Batch --> Sample: Transaction batch application, click on Import sample and I get the error message "The plugin containing this sample could not be found. This can happen if an optional plugin containing the sample has not been installed."

I was able to import other sample applications like JPA-JSF applciation successfully.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    783 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-16T17:18:39Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Apologies to all. I thought someone else had taken care of the upload problem. It looks like that didn't happen. It's been awhile. The optimist in me hopes the problem has cleared up on its own :) Let's find out. I'll try to upload the workspace once again. Wish me luck!
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      783 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-16T17:20:30Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      How disappointing. The attachment uploaded, but still does not appear. I will try to get help for this problem once again ... sorry folks.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        783 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-16T20:24:12Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Problem solved. Enjoy.
        • sspavan
          sspavan
          60 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-17T04:10:05Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Hi Chris,

Thanks for the Workspace.

I am trying to test one of my applications using batchsimulator. My application basically reads from a file and writes to a file. The Reader is a FileReaderPattern and writer is a FileWriterPattern. When I try to run the job using batch simulator the BatchSimulatorParser is throwing classcastexception com.bcbsks.test.TextFileReader incompatible with com.ibm.websphere.batch.BatchDataStream.
          Do we have any restrictions on bds usage with the batchsimulator ? Also I was wondering how we could specify input/outputs when we have a job with multiple input and output bds.

Thanks,
          Pavan
          • sspavan
            sspavan
            60 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-22T13:44:57Z  in response to sspavan
            Hi Chris,

Does the BatchSimulator has any limiations on BDS usage ?