• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-02-29T15:52:03Z by NPfister
NPfister
NPfister
43 Posts

Pinned topic OCSP z/OS

‏2012-02-22T18:25:38Z |
I have another question:

We have absurdly large CRLs, and I have a PMR open for the issue. But my question is this; is there any plan to support OCSP in the z/OS version of IBM HTTP Server? This would be a very nice feature, and is actually something our organization asked for in a FITS requirement which was accepted prior to z/OS 1.10.

Thanks.
Updated on 2012-02-29T15:52:03Z at 2012-02-29T15:52:03Z by NPfister
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3908 Posts

Re: OCSP z/OS

‏2012-02-22T19:40:52Z  
    Do you know if System SSL has OCSP client capability and where it went in? Every hit I get is for the OCSP server in z/OS.
  • NPfister
    NPfister
    43 Posts

‏2012-02-22T19:51:07Z  
    Do you know if System SSL has OCSP client capability and where it went in? Every hit I get is for the OCSP server in z/OS.
    I don't believe that it does...I guess that would be a good prerequisite for what I'm asking. Is there a forum that I can ask about that capability for System SSL?

As far as I know the only capabilities System SSL Has is as an OCSP server, not a client.
  • Sunit
    Sunit
    196 Posts

‏2012-02-24T14:32:03Z  
    Based on what I have read, z/OS System SSL has OCSP server functionality. So, if you were to host CA on z/OS you can provide OCSP support to clients but it does not have OCSP client functionality.

• Sunit
  • NPfister
    NPfister
    43 Posts

‏2012-02-29T14:18:52Z  
    • Sunit
    • ‏2012-02-24T14:32:03Z
    Based on what I have read, z/OS System SSL has OCSP server functionality. So, if you were to host CA on z/OS you can provide OCSP support to clients but it does not have OCSP client functionality.

• Sunit
    Right, no support for OCSP as a client, but it does have server support. Is there somewhere that I could ask the SSL folks if they are ever planning on adding that support? It is something that would be very useful to my organization, as we have huge CRLs.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3908 Posts

‏2012-02-29T15:38:05Z  
    • NPfister
    • ‏2012-02-29T14:18:52Z
    Right, no support for OCSP as a client, but it does have server support. Is there somewhere that I could ask the SSL folks if they are ever planning on adding that support? It is something that would be very useful to my organization, as we have huge CRLs.
    Unfortunately I think the best you can do is the FITS marketing database or mail-bomb any advocate-types you have inside of IBM
  • NPfister
    NPfister
    43 Posts

‏2012-02-29T15:52:03Z  
    Unfortunately I think the best you can do is the FITS marketing database or mail-bomb any advocate-types you have inside of IBM
    Thanks. I'll keep trying with our advocates....and probably try opening another FITS requirement and hope that it goes better than the last one.