Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-02-24T17:51:02Z by doongjk
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
76 Posts

Pinned topic CM CMIS How to enable text search?

‏2012-02-22T07:49:59Z |
I've installed DB2 Net Search Extender and set Enable Text Search on Library Server Configuration / Features.
I've configured document type to be Text Searchable.
When DiscoveryServices query operation is invoked on that document type, I get error:

System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1http://Experience.CmisAgent.cmisFaultType: CQL155: The search capability is not enabled in the IBM Content Manager server. You cannot use search capabilities with this service. Contact your IBM Content Manager administrator to enable search on the server. (Fault Detail is equal to Experience.CmisAgent.cmisFaultType).
Updated on 2012-02-24T17:51:02Z at 2012-02-24T17:51:02Z by doongjk
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    76 Posts

Re: CM CMIS How to enable text search?

‏2012-02-22T08:41:40Z  
    When I executed:

db2text ENABLE DATABASE FOR TEXT connect to ICMNLSDB USER db2admin USING <password>

now error message is:
    System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1http://Experience.CmisAgent.cmisFaultType: CQL157: Cannot perform the search because the Information Unavailable document type is not enabled for search in the IBM Content Manager server. To enable search, an IBM Content Manager administrator must modify the Information Unavailable document type definitions to enable text search indexing for the document type. (Fault Detail is equal to Experience.CmisAgent.cmisFaultType).
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    76 Posts

‏2012-02-22T08:41:42Z  
    When I executed:

db2text ENABLE DATABASE FOR TEXT connect to ICMNLSDB USER db2admin USING <password>

now error message is:
    System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1http://Experience.CmisAgent.cmisFaultType: CQL157: Cannot perform the search because the Information Unavailable document type is not enabled for search in the IBM Content Manager server. To enable search, an IBM Content Manager administrator must modify the Information Unavailable document type definitions to enable text search indexing for the document type. (Fault Detail is equal to Experience.CmisAgent.cmisFaultType).
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    76 Posts

‏2012-02-22T09:56:17Z  
    When I executed:

now error message is:
    Problem was that I missed to set document format. When I created new document type and set format to GPP for example, then text search works (not throwing fault).

Still, I don't know how to setup search for non-plain text format, like PDF and MS Office. There is (was?) filter by Stellar inc, now part of Oracle.
  • doongjk
    doongjk
    4 Posts

‏2012-02-23T19:42:08Z  
    Problem was that I missed to set document format. When I created new document type and set format to GPP for example, then text search works (not throwing fault).

Still, I don't know how to setup search for non-plain text format, like PDF and MS Office. There is (was?) filter by Stellar inc, now part of Oracle.
    From the CM Information Center:

"In the User defined function name field, select the name of a user-defined function for retrieving objects from the resource manager. If the content is in plain text format, select ICMfetchContent. If the content is rich content, such as Microsoft Word documents or Acrobat PDF documents, select ICMfetchFilter. Do not use ICMfetchFilter with objects that are plain text."

So in your case, just set User defined function name to ICMfetchFilter. This will get the content through Stelling. The Format field can be left blank.

Thanks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    76 Posts

‏2012-02-24T16:31:33Z  
    • doongjk
    • ‏2012-02-23T19:42:08Z
    From the CM Information Center:

"In the User defined function name field, select the name of a user-defined function for retrieving objects from the resource manager. If the content is in plain text format, select ICMfetchContent. If the content is rich content, such as Microsoft Word documents or Acrobat PDF documents, select ICMfetchFilter. Do not use ICMfetchFilter with objects that are plain text."

So in your case, just set User defined function name to ICMfetchFilter. This will get the content through Stelling. The Format field can be left blank.

Thanks
    I've configured document type search as suggested, added one word document, but query operation doesn't return it. Maybee I missed something (updating index?).

Acctualy, I created Word document (Office 2007 format) contaning some text ("Test"). When query

SELECT * FROM TestDocumentType WHERE CONTAINS('Test')

is executed, it retuns empty list.
  • doongjk
    doongjk
    4 Posts

‏2012-02-24T17:51:02Z  
    I've configured document type search as suggested, added one word document, but query operation doesn't return it. Maybee I missed something (updating index?).

Acctualy, I created Word document (Office 2007 format) contaning some text ("Test"). When query

SELECT * FROM TestDocumentType WHERE CONTAINS('Test')

is executed, it retuns empty list.
    Hi, from your previous screen capture image, it shows that you have set the index to be updated every hour. That means you will need to wait one hour or more to be able to search for the content that you just added. You can reduce the time interval, e.g. 5 minutes, for faster results.

Also make sure that the text search engine is started, e.g. db2text start.

After an hour, if you still cannot find the document you expected, you should check the db2 table for any indexing errors. I don't have access to db2 right now. But I believe if you use the DB2 Control Center, open the Views and sort on DB2EXT schema, you can deduce the event and log table name that show the index errors, if any.

You can check out the troubleshooting hints in the IBM Content Manager Information Center:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cmgmt/v8r4m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.programmingcm.doc%2Fdcmpt027.htm