Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2012-03-06T22:13:28Z by SystemAdmin
jguillaumes
jguillaumes
10 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Documentation error?

‏2012-02-21T15:24:40Z |

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/dstudio/v3r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.datatools.javatool.runtime.overview.doc%2Ftopics%2Fhelpindex_pq_sdf.html
The following rules apply for storing captured SQL when the captureMode property is set to ON and the finalRepositoryProperties property specifies a repository:

If the outputPureQueryXml property is not set, the following property setting determines where captured SQL is stored:
  • If the outputXmlRepository property is not set, then the captured SQL is stored in the repository and the runtime group that are specified by the finalRepositoryProperties and propertiesGroupId properties.
  • If the outputXmlRepository property is set, then the captured SQL is stored in the repository in the runtime group that are specified by the finalRepositoryProperties and propertiesGroupId properties.

It seems to me there is some kind of mistake here, since both possibilities looke the same, and I guess they should'nt. I'm interested on selectively enabling the SQL capture in the production environment, so the posibility of using a DB2-based repository to handle the captured data is important.
Updated on 2012-03-06T22:13:28Z at 2012-03-06T22:13:28Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    90 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Documentation error?

‏2012-03-06T22:13:28Z  in response to jguillaumes
    Sorry for the delayed response.

This is the correct description.

If the outputPureQueryXml property is not set, the following property setting determines where captured SQL is stored:
    • If the outputXmlRepository property is not set, then the captured SQL is stored in the repository and the runtime group that are specified by the finalRepositoryProperties and propertiesGroupId properties.

• If the outputXmlRepository property is set, then the captured SQL is stored in the repository specified by the outputXmlRepository property in the runtime group that is specified by the propertiesGroupId property.

Regards.