Topic
  • 10 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-03-01T05:05:49Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts

Pinned topic Is there a way to Import the same snapshot twice ?

‏2012-02-20T10:51:30Z |
Hi All,

I am trying to import a snapshot and it fails as there is a snapshot already with this name.Any way to import this again ?

Thanks !
Manas
Updated on 2012-03-01T05:05:49Z at 2012-03-01T05:05:49Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

Re: Is there a way to Import the same snapshot twice ?

‏2012-02-20T13:02:37Z  
    Not really, but if it is already there, why do you need to do so?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-02-24T09:51:46Z  
    Not really, but if it is already there, why do you need to do so?
    Thanks for your response Andrew. I am releasing different versions to UAT .I capture a snapshot and export that to UAT.Next time when I have a new release I need to import the updated snapshot to UAT...rt ? Am I doing something wrong here ? I am new to admin....please suggest if there is any other way.

Thanks !
    Regards,
    Manas
  • epp
    epp
    49 Posts

‏2012-02-24T11:12:44Z  
    Thanks for your response Andrew. I am releasing different versions to UAT .I capture a snapshot and export that to UAT.Next time when I have a new release I need to import the updated snapshot to UAT...rt ? Am I doing something wrong here ? I am new to admin....please suggest if there is any other way.

Thanks !
    Regards,
    Manas
    What is the version you are using?

You should read the Info Center documentation on "Administering processes applications".

Regards,
    Eduardo
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-02-24T12:08:55Z  
    • epp
    • ‏2012-02-24T11:12:44Z
    What is the version you are using?

You should read the Info Center documentation on "Administering processes applications".

Regards,
    Eduardo
    We are using 7.2

Thanks !
    Manas
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-02-24T13:44:37Z  
    We are using 7.2

Thanks !
    Manas
    Okay, you are using very confusing terms here. There are 3 ways to move a snapshot from one server to another. Inf you are going from a Process Center to another Process Center you do an export and an import. I'd you are going to an online process server you "Deploy" from the process center admin console. If you are going to an off line process center you are doing an off line deploy.

I'm not sure which of the above you are doing, but no matter which, a snapshot is static and cannot be changed (except for the changes exposed in the admin console like participant groups and environment variables). If you need to make changes in the process designer, you need to make a new snapshot and then put that new snapshot on the target system. The same snapshot can never be placed on a target system twice, since it already exists. The target system will look and say "I've already got that data, there is nothing for me to do here".
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-02-25T06:51:59Z  
    Okay, you are using very confusing terms here. There are 3 ways to move a snapshot from one server to another. Inf you are going from a Process Center to another Process Center you do an export and an import. I'd you are going to an online process server you "Deploy" from the process center admin console. If you are going to an off line process center you are doing an off line deploy.

I'm not sure which of the above you are doing, but no matter which, a snapshot is static and cannot be changed (except for the changes exposed in the admin console like participant groups and environment variables). If you need to make changes in the process designer, you need to make a new snapshot and then put that new snapshot on the target system. The same snapshot can never be placed on a target system twice, since it already exists. The target system will look and say "I've already got that data, there is nothing for me to do here".
    Hi Andrew,

I have a testing and development server .I want to release different versions of application to test server .Once I import a snapshot in Testing environment it doesn't allow me to re import a new version of snapshot to same environment.I was looking for a solution or some reference.

Thanks !
    Manas
  • MaisnamVictor
    MaisnamVictor
    111 Posts

‏2012-02-25T07:42:42Z  
    Hi Manas,
    Please refer to url below for some of the best practices while deploying a business process..

http://wiki.lombardi.com/display/commwiki/Cookbook+for+deploying+a+business+process
    Regards,
    Victor
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-02-25T12:31:15Z  
    Hi Manas,
    Please refer to url below for some of the best practices while deploying a business process..

http://wiki.lombardi.com/display/commwiki/Cookbook+for+deploying+a+business+process
    Regards,
    Victor
    Thanks !!! for providing me the link Victor.I installed another Lombardi testing server and that will be used to deploy applications....didn't know this before so was not sure how.

Thanks a lot
    Regards,
    Manas
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-02-29T20:14:13Z  
    Hi Andrew,

I have a testing and development server .I want to release different versions of application to test server .Once I import a snapshot in Testing environment it doesn't allow me to re import a new version of snapshot to same environment.I was looking for a solution or some reference.

Thanks !
    Manas
    Manas -

Your terms are a bit confusing. To begin with, you only "import" into a process center. Assuming your testing environment is a Process Server you are either "deploying" or "installing" a snapshot (deploy became install in 7.5 I think). Secondly, if it is a new snapshot, you are not re-importing (re-deploying, re-installing...) the "re" implies that you have already done that with this particular snapshot once, and that is confusing.

There should be no magical step required to make this work, it is the most common use case and should simply work. I would look in your logs for an error if this is failing.

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-03-01T05:05:49Z  
    Manas -

Your terms are a bit confusing. To begin with, you only "import" into a process center. Assuming your testing environment is a Process Server you are either "deploying" or "installing" a snapshot (deploy became install in 7.5 I think). Secondly, if it is a new snapshot, you are not re-importing (re-deploying, re-installing...) the "re" implies that you have already done that with this particular snapshot once, and that is confusing.

There should be no magical step required to make this work, it is the most common use case and should simply work. I would look in your logs for an error if this is failing.

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com
    Hi Andrew,

You are correct.I was doing wrong.I had to setup a test server and now I am ok.In 7.2 it is "install" now in7.5 it's deploy.I was under impression that we keep on importing the twx file from deve to test environment ...which is wrong.

Need a suggestion....what all I should consider to enhance server performance ? I have 8 gig ram ....server is dead slow in development environment.

Thanks !
    Regards,
    Manas