Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-23T18:42:52Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
340 Posts

Pinned topic Agent self-update

‏2012-02-13T10:20:34Z |
I see that ILMT agent has option to self-update.

Where to put new version of ILMT agent installation file?

Thanks in advance!
Updated on 2012-11-23T18:42:52Z at 2012-11-23T18:42:52Z by SystemAdmin
  • MaksKowalik
    MaksKowalik
    78 Posts

Re: Agent self-update

‏2012-02-13T10:39:15Z  
    The agent installers are included in the server. So, once the server upgrade is done, all your task is to enable self-update. Be careful about the scheduling, because each of your agents will download a couple of MBs at that time.

Another important thing to remember is that agents mustn't be upgraded prior to the server. Otherwise the freshly upgraded agents may not be able to communicate with the server in older version.

The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    340 Posts

‏2012-02-17T07:44:55Z  
    The agent installers are included in the server. So, once the server upgrade is done, all your task is to enable self-update. Be careful about the scheduling, because each of your agents will download a couple of MBs at that time.

Another important thing to remember is that agents mustn't be upgraded prior to the server. Otherwise the freshly upgraded agents may not be able to communicate with the server in older version.

The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.
    Thanks!!!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    340 Posts

‏2012-08-24T09:58:28Z  
    How to update agents to 7.5.0.2 version?

Interim Fix 2 for 7.5 is released and it contains only agent 7.5.0.2 installation files.

I would like to update all agent through self-update option.

Do i have to put agent installation file somewhere on server, because i think that server doesn't contain this files?

I think this is different situation from upgrading server (above in thread) because server then contains agent installers.

Thanks!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    340 Posts

‏2012-11-23T18:42:52Z  
    How to update agents to 7.5.0.2 version?

Interim Fix 2 for 7.5 is released and it contains only agent 7.5.0.2 installation files.

I would like to update all agent through self-update option.

Do i have to put agent installation file somewhere on server, because i think that server doesn't contain this files?

I think this is different situation from upgrading server (above in thread) because server then contains agent installers.

Thanks!
    Hi,

First of all, here you may find the list of all fixes:
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21612734

To be able to use self-update functionality after installing interim Fix you must install 2 packages on the server. Example for iFix2:
    • 7.5.0-TIV-ILMT-TAD4D-IF0002-server-multi.zip
    • 7.5.0-TIV-ILMT-TAD4D-IF0002-self_update-multi.zip
    First package will update your server. Second package will install new agent binaries on the server repository from where self-update functionality will send them to appropriate endpoints.
    The order is important so please follow installation procedure from here:
    http://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21600003

Please let me know if my post answers your question.

Regards,
    Michał Klak
    ILMT Central Team

The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.
    Please contact product support if you need IBM's official advice.

If you want to extend your knowledge of ILMT, you may check this site:
    https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/wikis/home/wiki/IBM+License+Metric+Tool