Topic
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-02-10T14:40:18Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
374 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Edit report to print "label text" (not the label)

‏2012-02-09T20:59:46Z |
I copied the report 'Diagram Report', so I could edit it to print the 'label text' (not the label) of a column, along with just the label.

Opened the data explorer to Data Sets, and right clicked on Column and selected edit. In the Column Mapping window, I tried browsing the SQLTables:Column types. I see comments, description, label, name, etc, and I've tried a bunch of those, but I can't seem to find the one that lists the 'label text' of the table columns. Also seems to be a lot of sub types of the same thing, ex - @label, containedType/@label, containedType/@label, table/@label. Looks be more than hundred queries you can pick. Is there a webpage that goes over them, and what each one is? For now just looking to print the 'label text' of the table columns. Thanks.
Updated on 2012-02-10T14:40:18Z at 2012-02-10T14:40:18Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    374 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Edit report to print "label text" (not the label)

‏2012-02-09T21:15:58Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Playing around with it more, looks like there are other models you can pick. My database is a db2 V5R54 (i5/os), and I do see a db2 model with a few different queries. I'll keep looking.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    374 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-09T21:34:23Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

I am not quite sure what you are referring to as the 'label text'. If you could, can you please include a screen shot and highlight the area?
    The attributes under each data object are mapped from ecore models. We include most of the attributes already; however, if there is a specific attribute we didn't include, we can certainly help you find it.

Neil
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      374 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-09T21:41:48Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Neil,

Thanks for the reply. I attached a screenshot.

If you go to the properties window on a column, on the general tab it shows 4 fields: Name, Label, Label text and System name. I'm looking to print the Label text.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        374 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-09T22:47:39Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hi,

Please have a look at the screen shot. If you just entered @labelText, it will find the corresponding value in the UI. It is now listed under the column object because all the attributes are generic and label text is iSeries specific.

Neil
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          374 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-10T14:40:18Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Hi Neil,

That worked like a charm. I had tried before hand, to play around with the query with, @labeltext and @label_text, trying to guess the name of the label text space. Guess all I had to do was make that 't' capitalized. Thanks for the help.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      374 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-09T21:59:05Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      The Label Text is pulled in from the reverse engineering of the table from a db2 database (i5/OS) V5R4. Lets say if the table was created by a DDS source, the Label is created in DDS with the keyword "COLHDG" (Column Header), and the Label Text is created with the keyword "TEXT", and is used to describe what that column is for. With there being a difference between the two, they're both needed on the report.