Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-02-14T12:41:08Z by mor
mor
mor
3 Posts

Pinned topic increase default font-size for CLPPLUS

‏2012-02-09T17:15:38Z |
I'm using DB2 9.7.5 on Win7 x64 and Linux x64 with JRE 1.7.
The default font-size in CLPPLUS is too small for me so I want to increase it to 12 point or higher.
Is that possible ? If it is , how can I make the change?
Updated on 2012-02-14T12:41:08Z at 2012-02-14T12:41:08Z by mor
  • KayKanekowski
    KayKanekowski
    4 Posts

Re: increase default font-size for CLPPLUS

‏2012-02-10T09:26:44Z  
    Hi,
    i don't think that you can increase the font of clpplus. imho it's only a command line interface, so you have to increase the font of your dos-box or telnet-window.

regards
    Kay
  • mor
    mor
    3 Posts

‏2012-02-10T19:54:00Z  
    Hi,
    i don't think that you can increase the font of clpplus. imho it's only a command line interface, so you have to increase the font of your dos-box or telnet-window.

regards
    Kay
    This is not correct. For Win7 cmd.exe and db2cmd.exe windows I already successfully adjust the font-size, but not for clpplus - it is independent of any parent shell window.

clpplus opens a java window (on Win7) and it ignores both the font-name and font-size of any parent cmd.exe/db2cmd.exe windows that invoked clpplus. So if I open clpplus from a cmd/db2cmd.exe window with a readable font-size, clpplus opens a java window with a different font name and a small font size which makes it hard to read. Normally java applications have properties files to make changing font-size (and/or font-names) easy, but I don't know if clpplus has this option.
  • mor
    mor
    3 Posts

‏2012-02-14T12:41:08Z  
    OK, the solution is to use "clpplus -nw" (non window) which opens a regular console instead of a java window.
    The regular console (at least in Windows) lets you use Windows native features to adjust the font size.
    Problem solved.