• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-02-07T08:01:41Z by YvanVD
YvanVD
YvanVD
6 Posts

Pinned topic Linux VM drivers

‏2012-02-03T09:43:54Z |
Hello folks,

I'm about to install ISD 6.3 on a vm running Linux Suse 11 SP1, this vm runs on a VMWare Esxi 4.1.0 server. After having run the pre-install checks I got a message telling that the IMPI must be installed in order to allow ISD to work properly RC=34.
I'm not sure if it's related to IMPI but I read that I also have to install the following device driver: ibmsmb-5.20-3.tgz normally available from the Director website.

Can someone tell me if the installation of this driver will solve my issue or if there are others pieces of code to add before installing the IBm System Director Server ?

One more small thing, the ibmsmd driver is really hard to find, is someone has the right url it will be really appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
Yvan
Updated on 2012-02-07T08:01:41Z at 2012-02-07T08:01:41Z by YvanVD
  • RS_UK_HAL
    RS_UK_HAL
    190 Posts

Re: Linux VM drivers

‏2012-02-04T22:45:13Z  
    I'm not sure you need any of that for a virtual machine. Besides, your version of SuSE seems quite new, so I'm assuming that they follow other Linux communities and have adopted the OpenIPMI drivers, which now come installed and running as standard, with other Linux distros, such as Red Hat.

Try and find out if anything called "openipmi" or similar is already installed and running; use lsmod shell command to show you the currently loaded modules.

The IBM Systems Director Infocentre will have further information as to the latest OS versions supported and what type of prerequisites each type of target platform requires.
  • YvanVD
    YvanVD
    6 Posts

Re: Linux VM drivers

‏2012-02-07T08:01:41Z  
    • RS_UK_HAL
    • ‏2012-02-04T22:45:13Z
    I'm not sure you need any of that for a virtual machine. Besides, your version of SuSE seems quite new, so I'm assuming that they follow other Linux communities and have adopted the OpenIPMI drivers, which now come installed and running as standard, with other Linux distros, such as Red Hat.

Try and find out if anything called "openipmi" or similar is already installed and running; use lsmod shell command to show you the currently loaded modules.

The IBM Systems Director Infocentre will have further information as to the latest OS versions supported and what type of prerequisites each type of target platform requires.
    Hello,

thank you very much for your answer. I'll check for the openipmi stuff.