Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
7 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-04-26T10:39:11Z by peacocb
pradeepbm
pradeepbm
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Empty object allocation tab

‏2012-02-02T17:52:17Z |
My health center client connects to the JVM but in garbage collection view the object allocated tab shows nothing. The heap usage is working fine with free and used memory and pause time. I am using version 2.0
Updated on 2012-04-26T10:39:11Z at 2012-04-26T10:39:11Z by peacocb
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    188 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Empty object allocation tab

‏2012-02-14T08:20:15Z  in response to pradeepbm
    Hi,

Have you enabled collection of Object Allocations by clicking on "Monitored JVM" in the menu bar and then selecting "GC Data Collection Settings". This should bring you up a configuration box. Here you can "Enable collections of object allocation events within thresholds".

regards

Toby
    • pradeepbm
      pradeepbm
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-21T17:47:53Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks for the reply. I am happy. Yes i tried that but the check box does not get enabled at all. I mean they look like read only and unchecked. what is wrong ?
      • PeteRobbins
        PeteRobbins
        1 Post
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-21T21:58:42Z  in response to pradeepbm
        Hi,

Are you connecting to a vm which is using an agent version of 2.0 or is it 1.3?

There may be an issue with the Health Center 2.0 client not recognizing some of the capabilities when it is connected to a 1.3 agent.

Is it possible to update the agent to the latest 2.0? This is available from the help in the Health Center 2.0 client in ISA.

Cheers,
        • pradeepbm
          pradeepbm
          3 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-22T18:08:19Z  in response to PeteRobbins
          PeteRobbins ,

You are bang on target. yes after updating remote JVM to 2.0 I can see objects in allocation tab. Will explore more on this tool now :)

Thanks
  • EJUV_Joe_Formanek
    EJUV_Joe_Formanek
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-24T18:53:57Z  in response to pradeepbm
    I enabled 'collection of Object Allocations events withing thresholds', and still have the 'Write verbose gc' and 'Enable collection of call stacks for sampled object allocation events' greyed out. I installed HC 2.0 and ISA is running on Windows 32 bit and WAS is running on Linux 64 bit.