Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-04-26T10:39:11Z by peacocb
pradeepbm
pradeepbm
3 Posts

Pinned topic Empty object allocation tab

‏2012-02-02T17:52:17Z |
My health center client connects to the JVM but in garbage collection view the object allocated tab shows nothing. The heap usage is working fine with free and used memory and pause time. I am using version 2.0
Updated on 2012-04-26T10:39:11Z at 2012-04-26T10:39:11Z by peacocb
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    188 Posts

Re: Empty object allocation tab

‏2012-02-14T08:20:15Z  
    Hi,

Have you enabled collection of Object Allocations by clicking on "Monitored JVM" in the menu bar and then selecting "GC Data Collection Settings". This should bring you up a configuration box. Here you can "Enable collections of object allocation events within thresholds".

regards

Toby
  • pradeepbm
    pradeepbm
    3 Posts

‏2012-02-21T17:47:53Z  
    Hi,

Have you enabled collection of Object Allocations by clicking on "Monitored JVM" in the menu bar and then selecting "GC Data Collection Settings". This should bring you up a configuration box. Here you can "Enable collections of object allocation events within thresholds".

regards

Toby
    Thanks for the reply. I am happy. Yes i tried that but the check box does not get enabled at all. I mean they look like read only and unchecked. what is wrong ?
  • PeteRobbins
    PeteRobbins
    1 Post

‏2012-02-21T21:58:42Z  
    • pradeepbm
    • ‏2012-02-21T17:47:53Z
    Thanks for the reply. I am happy. Yes i tried that but the check box does not get enabled at all. I mean they look like read only and unchecked. what is wrong ?
    Hi,

Are you connecting to a vm which is using an agent version of 2.0 or is it 1.3?

There may be an issue with the Health Center 2.0 client not recognizing some of the capabilities when it is connected to a 1.3 agent.

Is it possible to update the agent to the latest 2.0? This is available from the help in the Health Center 2.0 client in ISA.

Cheers,
  • pradeepbm
    pradeepbm
    3 Posts

‏2012-02-22T18:08:19Z  
    Hi,

Are you connecting to a vm which is using an agent version of 2.0 or is it 1.3?

There may be an issue with the Health Center 2.0 client not recognizing some of the capabilities when it is connected to a 1.3 agent.

Is it possible to update the agent to the latest 2.0? This is available from the help in the Health Center 2.0 client in ISA.

Cheers,
    PeteRobbins ,

You are bang on target. yes after updating remote JVM to 2.0 I can see objects in allocation tab. Will explore more on this tool now :)

Thanks
  • EJUV_Joe_Formanek
    EJUV_Joe_Formanek
    2 Posts

‏2012-04-24T18:53:57Z  
    I enabled 'collection of Object Allocations events withing thresholds', and still have the 'Write verbose gc' and 'Enable collection of call stacks for sampled object allocation events' greyed out. I installed HC 2.0 and ISA is running on Windows 32 bit and WAS is running on Linux 64 bit.
  • EJUV_Joe_Formanek
    EJUV_Joe_Formanek
    2 Posts

‏2012-04-24T19:12:25Z  
    I enabled 'collection of Object Allocations events withing thresholds', and still have the 'Write verbose gc' and 'Enable collection of call stacks for sampled object allocation events' greyed out. I installed HC 2.0 and ISA is running on Windows 32 bit and WAS is running on Linux 64 bit.
    I found the issue, the agent is 1.3, it says so in the HC under the jre tab
  • peacocb
    peacocb
    22 Posts

‏2012-04-26T10:39:11Z  
    I found the issue, the agent is 1.3, it says so in the HC under the jre tab
    Excellent Joe ... thanks for posting your solution.

Brian