Topic
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-02-03T20:26:46Z by SystemAdmin
P1F4_Matt_Madhavan
P1F4_Matt_Madhavan
16 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic SCA - Filtering JMS message Headers like replyTo [MarkN Urgent Please!]

‏2012-01-31T00:24:59Z |
Hello,
In our applications we receive messages from a queue (message sent by an external system which we have no control off), process the message by doing some business logic and put a reply message in an outbound JMS Queue. We use SCA (Tuscany) for this two way bindings. With SCA we invoke a bean (onMessage method).

But one of our legacy system adds a JMS header replyTo which overrides/supercedes the SCA configuration.

Is there anyway I can filter this header before the onMessage call is invoked on the bean?

I appreciate your help in advance!

Thanks
Matt
Updated on 2012-02-03T20:26:46Z at 2012-02-03T20:26:46Z by SystemAdmin
  • P1F4_Matt_Madhavan
    P1F4_Matt_Madhavan
    16 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: SCA - Filtering JMS message Headers like replyTo [MarkN Urgent Please!]

‏2012-01-31T22:47:33Z  in response to P1F4_Matt_Madhavan
    Hello,
    Any one out there please?

Thanks
    Matt
    • MarkN
      MarkN
      124 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-01T09:43:21Z  in response to P1F4_Matt_Madhavan
      Matt,
      I've passed these questions on to a couple of colleagues who I hope will be able to help you.

Regards,
      Mark
      • P1F4_Matt_Madhavan
        P1F4_Matt_Madhavan
        16 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-03T16:46:50Z  in response to MarkN
        Hi Mark,
        Did you find any one with the answer for this issue? This is holding one of our system to get into production.

I appreciate in advance!

Thanks
        Matt
        • MarkN
          MarkN
          124 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-03T17:15:09Z  in response to P1F4_Matt_Madhavan
          Hi Matt,
          There's an ongoing discussion that I hope to have summarised and presented here next week.

Is there anyway I can filter this header before the onMessage call is invoked on the bean?

While we get our response straight, may I ask, as an interim or workaround approach, are you able to edit the onMessage entry from within the receiving MDB?

Regards,
          Mark
          • P1F4_Matt_Madhavan
            P1F4_Matt_Madhavan
            16 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-03T18:00:43Z  in response to MarkN
            Hi Mark,
            In MDB we physically look up the response Queue and reply. So the erroneous message header (replyTo) is ignored.

But if I replace SCA with Camel - it works because I got two options with Camel. One is to write the route in java code (Java DSL). This automatically overrides any header info that the message might have. Or I can use write a filter (Camel follows pipes/filter pattern). But SCA is not that flexible.

But here I cannot yet use Camel because SCA is the standard here.

Hence the pain!

Can you have some one look at the following link? May be this is waht I need! Any sample will be appreciated.
            http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.soafep.multiplatform.doc/info/ae/ae/tsca_data_handler_authoring.html
            Thanks
            Matt
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              153 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-03T20:26:46Z  in response to P1F4_Matt_Madhavan
              Hi Matt,

Since this seemed like it would be of more general interest to SCA users, I posted this follow-up response to your question on the open SCA forum.

For readers using OSGi and SCA do note there is a detail specific to usage of OSGi+SCA together mentioned in this post.

Scott