Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-02-03T20:26:46Z by SystemAdmin
P1F4_Matt_Madhavan
P1F4_Matt_Madhavan
16 Posts

Pinned topic SCA - Filtering JMS message Headers like replyTo [MarkN Urgent Please!]

‏2012-01-31T00:24:59Z |
Hello,
In our applications we receive messages from a queue (message sent by an external system which we have no control off), process the message by doing some business logic and put a reply message in an outbound JMS Queue. We use SCA (Tuscany) for this two way bindings. With SCA we invoke a bean (onMessage method).

But one of our legacy system adds a JMS header replyTo which overrides/supercedes the SCA configuration.

Is there anyway I can filter this header before the onMessage call is invoked on the bean?

I appreciate your help in advance!

Thanks
Matt
Updated on 2012-02-03T20:26:46Z at 2012-02-03T20:26:46Z by SystemAdmin
  • P1F4_Matt_Madhavan
    P1F4_Matt_Madhavan
    16 Posts

Re: SCA - Filtering JMS message Headers like replyTo [MarkN Urgent Please!]

‏2012-01-31T22:47:33Z  
    Hello,
    Any one out there please?

Thanks
    Matt
  • MarkN
    MarkN
    124 Posts

‏2012-02-01T09:43:21Z  
    Hello,
    Any one out there please?

Thanks
    Matt
    Matt,
    I've passed these questions on to a couple of colleagues who I hope will be able to help you.

Regards,
    Mark
  • P1F4_Matt_Madhavan
    P1F4_Matt_Madhavan
    16 Posts

‏2012-02-03T16:46:50Z  
    • MarkN
    • ‏2012-02-01T09:43:21Z
    Matt,
    I've passed these questions on to a couple of colleagues who I hope will be able to help you.

Regards,
    Mark
    Hi Mark,
    Did you find any one with the answer for this issue? This is holding one of our system to get into production.

I appreciate in advance!

Thanks
    Matt
  • MarkN
    MarkN
    124 Posts

‏2012-02-03T17:15:09Z  
    Hi Mark,
    Did you find any one with the answer for this issue? This is holding one of our system to get into production.

I appreciate in advance!

Thanks
    Matt
    Hi Matt,
    There's an ongoing discussion that I hope to have summarised and presented here next week.

Is there anyway I can filter this header before the onMessage call is invoked on the bean?

While we get our response straight, may I ask, as an interim or workaround approach, are you able to edit the onMessage entry from within the receiving MDB?

Regards,
    Mark
  • P1F4_Matt_Madhavan
    P1F4_Matt_Madhavan
    16 Posts

‏2012-02-03T18:00:43Z  
    • MarkN
    • ‏2012-02-03T17:15:09Z
    Hi Matt,
    There's an ongoing discussion that I hope to have summarised and presented here next week.

While we get our response straight, may I ask, as an interim or workaround approach, are you able to edit the onMessage entry from within the receiving MDB?

Regards,
    Mark
    Hi Mark,
    In MDB we physically look up the response Queue and reply. So the erroneous message header (replyTo) is ignored.

But if I replace SCA with Camel - it works because I got two options with Camel. One is to write the route in java code (Java DSL). This automatically overrides any header info that the message might have. Or I can use write a filter (Camel follows pipes/filter pattern). But SCA is not that flexible.

But here I cannot yet use Camel because SCA is the standard here.

Hence the pain!

Can you have some one look at the following link? May be this is waht I need! Any sample will be appreciated.
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.soafep.multiplatform.doc/info/ae/ae/tsca_data_handler_authoring.html
    Thanks
    Matt
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    153 Posts

‏2012-02-03T20:26:46Z  
    Hi Mark,
    In MDB we physically look up the response Queue and reply. So the erroneous message header (replyTo) is ignored.

But if I replace SCA with Camel - it works because I got two options with Camel. One is to write the route in java code (Java DSL). This automatically overrides any header info that the message might have. Or I can use write a filter (Camel follows pipes/filter pattern). But SCA is not that flexible.

But here I cannot yet use Camel because SCA is the standard here.

Hence the pain!

Can you have some one look at the following link? May be this is waht I need! Any sample will be appreciated.
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.soafep.multiplatform.doc/info/ae/ae/tsca_data_handler_authoring.html
    Thanks
    Matt
    Hi Matt,

Since this seemed like it would be of more general interest to SCA users, I posted this follow-up response to your question on the open SCA forum.

For readers using OSGi and SCA do note there is a detail specific to usage of OSGi+SCA together mentioned in this post.

Scott