Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-08-17T08:18:09Z by SystemAdmin
T3Y7_John_Atchison
T3Y7_John_Atchison
1 Post

Pinned topic File Upload stopped working

‏2012-01-30T22:25:31Z |
I have a demo box working with filenet. I used to be able to upload new documents via workplace XT but it has stopped working. When I click the Add Document button, the new window opens and I can briefly see the buttons etc. that I would need to upload the file. Then a kind of curtain falls over the window and I get the message 'Initializing...'. It never gets past that spot. Has anyone seen this or dealt with it before. I did just install the forms server piece this morning.
Updated on 2012-08-17T08:18:09Z at 2012-08-17T08:18:09Z by SystemAdmin
  • ArsalanKhan
    ArsalanKhan
    10 Posts

Re: File Upload stopped working

‏2012-08-16T09:54:00Z  
    Same problem recently occured to me and still looking for solution
  • drdamour
    drdamour
    40 Posts

‏2012-08-17T06:54:18Z  
    that's the java applet initializing, or better failing to initialize. Did you recently upgrade your browser plugin/JRE?

I am Just a new Boy,
    A Stranger in this Town,
    Where are All the Good Times,
    Who's Gonna Show this Stranger Around?
    Check out our Agile ACM Catalogue: Widgets, APIs, & Components for Building Solutions
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    693 Posts

‏2012-08-17T08:15:25Z  
    We've investigated this issue thoroughly and registered a PMR for it. IBM acknowledges this as software defect and it will be fixed in the next Fix Pack of Workplace XT.

I don't have the APAR at hand, but can provide this and more details regarding triggering conditions (so you can avoid it), if you need it.

Mattias
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    693 Posts

‏2012-08-17T08:18:09Z  
    We've investigated this issue thoroughly and registered a PMR for it. IBM acknowledges this as software defect and it will be fixed in the next Fix Pack of Workplace XT.

I don't have the APAR at hand, but can provide this and more details regarding triggering conditions (so you can avoid it), if you need it.

Mattias
    To make sure that you're seeing exactly the same issue that IBM is working on, please collect Java Applet logs when reproducing this issue. See the following link for how to collect the logs.

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/webnotes/tsg/TSG-Desktop/html/plugin.html

Thanks,
    Mattias