• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-02-24T02:34:47Z by SystemAdmin
Stolbovsky
Stolbovsky
24 Posts

Pinned topic Reason for the increased CPU utilization

‏2012-01-30T13:19:53Z |
Hi!
Does anybody know how to find out what process makes use of high load CPU utilization on DP?
When I updates configuration, CPU usage increased from 5% avg to 50%.
I added new xml manager with load balancing group and default other settings, LBG itself with 4 round-robin servers and a new rule for outgoing responses which process response unmodified, just transfer it to the client. That's it! After that CPU utilization increased up to 50% average and 97% in peak. The total load level of the device (I mean incoming requests quantity) didn't changed.
It happened on 4 different devices where upgrade was made.
So I wonder what kind of these changes have caused such a thing?
Can anybody have ideas?

Regards,
Dmitry
Updated on 2012-02-24T02:34:47Z at 2012-02-24T02:34:47Z by SystemAdmin
  • Stolbovsky
    Stolbovsky
    24 Posts

Re: Reason for the increased CPU utilization

‏2012-02-03T13:20:37Z  
    Can increased CPU utilization be caused by increased connection quantity to backend server?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2012-02-03T23:33:26Z  
    Can increased CPU utilization be caused by increased connection quantity to backend server?
    Yes, CPU Utilization can increase due to increased no of connection to the backend server.
    For DB2
    There is not way you can control the no of retries or the timeinterval, hence if there is some issue with the connection, it keeps trying and the db2cli eats up the CPU.
  • Stolbovsky
    Stolbovsky
    24 Posts

‏2012-02-13T08:22:49Z  
    Yes, CPU Utilization can increase due to increased no of connection to the backend server.
    For DB2
    There is not way you can control the no of retries or the timeinterval, hence if there is some issue with the connection, it keeps trying and the db2cli eats up the CPU.
    Thank you!
    I found out that in my case CPU utilization increased due to using Load Balanced Group. I didn't know that LBG uses a huge amount of CPU resources.
    Is there any possibilities to decrease CPU used by LBG?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2012-02-24T02:34:47Z  
    Thank you!
    I found out that in my case CPU utilization increased due to using Load Balanced Group. I didn't know that LBG uses a huge amount of CPU resources.
    Is there any possibilities to decrease CPU used by LBG?
    Hi Dmitry, can you advise which firmware version you are on please?