Topic
20 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-09-21T22:52:08Z by adgoright
JohnLawrence
JohnLawrence
6 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic DIrector 6.3 Install - Fails on DB2 Installation

‏2012-01-27T17:10:34Z |
My ISD 6.2.1 installation recently died so I decided to start over with the 6.3 version. I uninstalled the old version, ran dirclean, and manually deleted all related directories so I could have a clean install. The server platform is Windows 2003 SP2 32-bit. The 6.3 install progresses until it starts the DB2 installation. An error box then pops up saying "DNZINS0149E IBM_Error -- installdb2.bat completed with return code 309". If I look at the various installation logs I find the following bits of info:

dirserverinst.log:

• IBM_INFO -- Entering InstallDB2
  • IBM_INFO -- D:\Installs\63\ISDSER~1\i386\db2\installdb2.bat -dbInstall true -dbDirectorPath "D:\Program Files\IBM\Director"
  • IBM_ERROR -- installdb2.bat completed with return code '309'.
MSI (c) (04!18) 11:36:42:459: Product: IBM Systems Director Server -- **** IBM_ERROR -- installdb2.bat completed with return code '309'.

installdb2.log:

calling installdb2.
setupdir=D:\Installs\63\ISDSER~1\i386\db2.
Running DB2 install.
DB2 setup rc is: 87.
Confirming success of DB2 install.
Failed to find db2.exe.
Failed to find db2jcc4.jar.
Install or database configuration failed.

installdb2: Fri 01/27/2012 11:35:59.02 Exiting with return code 309

DB2 log under My Documents:

MSI (s) (CC:98) 11:35:55:450: Product: DB2 Enterprise Server Edition - SystemsDirector -- Installation operation failed.

MSI (s) (CC:98) 11:35:55:450: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: DB2 Enterprise Server Edition - SystemsDirector. Product Version: 9.7.400.501. Product Language: 1033. Installation success or error status: 1603.

Can anyone shed any light on what is going wrong with this installation?
Updated on 2013-02-06T13:10:14Z at 2013-02-06T13:10:14Z by visak
  • Newbie_IBMer
    Newbie_IBMer
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: DIrector 6.3 Install - Fails on DB2 Installation

‏2012-01-27T20:09:28Z  in response to JohnLawrence
    Please check your windows password policy and compare with the default DB2 RSP file (win_db2install under DB2). If you have windows complex password setup, it may be the reason why your installation has failed. I would recommeded you to setup your own db2 password using customs installation.

I have others issues to deal with this ISD 6.3. It may not what you are looking for. Good luck.
  • JohnLawrence
    JohnLawrence
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-30T11:55:31Z  in response to JohnLawrence
    Thanks for the suggestion. We do have password complexity turned on in our domain. However, I thought of this issue earlier and tried setting my own database password that met the complexity requirements. I still get the same error.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      13281 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-30T20:57:43Z  in response to JohnLawrence
      John,

As Newbie IBMer suggested about the win_db2install.rsp file. I've edited that file changing the following lines:

dirinst1.USERNAME=dirinst1
      dirinst1.PASSWORD=d1Think4Me

dirinst1.USERNAME=administrator
      dirinst1.PASSWORD=to_admin_password (this of course is your local machine's admin password)

After editing the rsp file with the proper username & password System Director is installing, even the DB2. So far so good. Edit those two lines 19 & 20 and it should install for you.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        13281 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-31T17:19:22Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        FYI update

Although I was able to install Systems Director 6.3, I haven't been able to use it. Seems the "Server Service" doesn't fully start. Appears to hang on starting the service. Not sure why.

ATKMDL001E
        The required Universal Systems Management Services are not available. Log out of the management server and login after a few minutes.
      • JohnLawrence
        JohnLawrence
        6 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-02T13:19:41Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        I edited the win_db2install.rsp file and put in my own administrator name and password. I then ran a custom install including choosing my own database password. The install failed with the same exact message. Does the custom install still use the same response file or is there something else I should edit?
        • DavidHelgason
          DavidHelgason
          1 Post
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-13T14:54:23Z  in response to JohnLawrence
          Hi

I have been struggling for a while with the same problem and found a solution.

The problem was in the user account I was using but it contained ibm.

It is now working after I changed the username to something that did not contain ibm.

Best regards
          David Helgason
  • tkutil
    tkutil
    29 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-20T21:26:53Z  in response to JohnLawrence
    Anyone find a solution yet?
  • tkutil
    tkutil
    29 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-21T16:20:51Z  in response to JohnLawrence
    I was finally able to get the install to work by using the local administrator account to install. Now if I could just get the application to run.
    • JohnLawrence
      JohnLawrence
      6 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-22T16:29:20Z  in response to tkutil
      Tech support has confirmed that at this time the DB2 installer is unable to support a long complex password more than 14 characters in length. Since our security policy requires a password longer than this the installation would fail.

In the end the developers were able to give me a workaround procedure that did work. I was able to successfully install ISD 6.3 and have it start up properly.

Here are the steps:

1. Change the item in \SysDir6_3_Server_Windows_x64_a\isdserver\x64\db2\win_db2install.rsp as below.

dirinst1.PASSWORD=directorIBMpassword1 (or any password comply with your password policy)

2. Install Director. Please note: if you use Administrator as default user in installation wizard, make sure the password you

entered is the same as the password of system's administrator.(after installation, Director start failed).

3. Edit ...\Program Files\IBM\Director\proddata\cfgdbcmd.rsp as below:

DbmsPassword = directorIBMpassword1

4.Run the following command: (change to appropriate drive path per your environment)

"D:\Program Files\IBM\Director\jre\bin\java" -cp "D:\Program Files\IBM\Director\bin";"D:\Program Files\IBM\Director\lwi\lib

\lwisecurity.jar";"D:\Program Files\IBM\Director\lwi\lib\passutils.jar";"D:\Program Files\IBM\Director\bin

\encryptpw.jar";"D:\Program Files\IBM\Director\bin\cfgdbcmd.jar" -DDirHome="D:\Program Files\IBM\Director" -

DLWIInstallLocation="D:\Program Files\IBM\Director\lwi" com.ibm.usmi.install.dbconfig.LWIDbConfig -dbInstall true -rspfile

"D:\Program Files\IBM\Director\proddata\cfgdbcmd.rsp"
      5. From Services windows, stop Director Server, stop DB2

6. Run ...\Program Files\IBM\Director\bin>smreset

7. start Director Server. Done
      • JohnLawrence
        JohnLawrence
        6 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-24T19:34:37Z  in response to JohnLawrence
        I have received a message from tech support stating that this issue will be fixed in ISD version 6.4.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        13281 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-06T04:14:30Z  in response to JohnLawrence
        Im' trying to install ISD 6.3, till pre-requisite it going very fine but when i click on install ISD option and following required procedures then after it ask about password for agent installation and then getting error with DB2 return code 302.

Please take a look on attachment.. it little urgent.

Thanks is advance..
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        13281 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-06T04:14:46Z  in response to JohnLawrence
        Im' trying to install ISD 6.3, till pre-requisite it going very fine but when i click on install ISD option and following required procedures then after it ask about password for agent installation and then getting error with DB2 return code 302.

Please take a look on attachment.. it little urgent.

Thanks is advance..
        • visak
          visak
          4 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-06T13:10:14Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          My installation also failing and giving the DB2 error saying doesn't meet prerequisites for managed db2

The pre install option is giving below warning but noting I recorded in the log files .

Check 19:DB2 Prerequisites Check
          Return code ; 53
          Thanks
          Visak
  • tkutil
    tkutil
    29 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-24T21:52:41Z  in response to JohnLawrence
    We had some IBM people in this week to discuss Systems Director. The suggestion they gave me which worked was to turn off McAfee On Demand virus scanning. I now have 6.3 with embedded DB2 running. You might try that if you havent already.
    • JohnLawrence
      JohnLawrence
      6 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-28T12:05:24Z  in response to tkutil
      Thanks for the suggestion, but I already have all McAfee policies, including on-demand scanning, disabled on the ISD server. My issue was definitely a password length issue with DB2.
  • Chethan2109
    Chethan2109
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-22T21:14:16Z  in response to JohnLawrence
    Hi All,
    I get this message when I am trying to install TDS 6.3 base server on Db2 10.0 , /var/idsldap/V6.3/server.log:Error: IBM DB2 Enterprise Server Edition V9.7 not detected. Install cannot continue.
    Which TDS version supports DB2 10 or 10.1 ?

Thanks,
    Chethan
    • gcorneau
      gcorneau
      235 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-23T13:19:26Z  in response to Chethan2109
      Assuming you mean IBM Systems Director V6.3 (what's TDS?), there is no version that supports DB2 V10 or V11:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/director/pubs/topic/com.ibm.director.plan.helps.doc/fqm0_r_supported_database_applications.html

Suggestion is often to just utilize the included managed DB2 (V9.7).

Glen Corneau
      IBM Power Systems Advanced Technical Skills
  • dbld_indy
    dbld_indy
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-12T16:50:08Z  in response to JohnLawrence

Ran into the same issue and finally found that the problem for me was that my service account contained "sys" in the name. After additional checking looks like db2 databases can not contain sys, ibm, or sql in the user name.

• FultonTech
    FultonTech
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-16T12:02:15Z  in response to JohnLawrence

At least in my case, it was that the installation scripts will fail if the password contains any control characters.

PASSword1 = Good

PASS-word1 = Bad

• adgoright
    adgoright
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-21T22:52:08Z  in response to JohnLawrence

i am trying to install ISD on a server that has SQL already installed and i get the same error as Johnlawrence "DNZINS0149E IBM_Error -- installdb2.bat completed with return code 309" but when i try the developers  workaround  i get a new error  "DNZINS0149E IBM_Error -- installdb2.bat completed with return code 320"

anyone with an idea to solving this problem?