Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-01-26T19:43:45Z by JAntley
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
773 Posts

Pinned topic Lotus Notes password

‏2012-01-25T14:17:51Z |
I have an MS Access application that can send Lotus Notes email via VBA macro. With Access 2003 it is no problem to get a Notes.NotesSession. With Access 2010 it gives a problem that says "\Automation -Embedding.nsf" does not exist. (I don't know what to do, do you?)
Another way is when I use Lotus.NotesSession and initializing the session. It works, the macro continues, but afterwards asks for Lotus Notes password (the user has to type in manually). It is not handy to always type in this password. What I heard is that Lotus Notes password is stored in .ID file. But when I open this file I think it is encrypted because I cannot read this. If there is a way to retrieve Lotus Notes password or to read this password in this ID file, that I can use in the macro, then please inform me. Thanks.
Updated on 2012-01-26T19:43:45Z at 2012-01-26T19:43:45Z by JAntley
  • JAntley
    JAntley
    126 Posts

Re: Lotus Notes password

‏2012-01-26T19:43:45Z  
    Hello Calvi,

The forum where you have posted your questions is primarily for those who have questions about using the developerWorks site itself. There are several active Lotus forums here; you would have a better chance of getting the answers you want if you were to post in one of them: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/dw_wpforums.jspa

Let us know if we can be of additional assistance.

Regards,
    Jeff Antley
    developerWorks Feedback Team