Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-04-08T08:29:15Z by Edward.D.
OptimDev
OptimDev
54 Posts

Pinned topic using DB2 LOADER via OPTIM and passing " MODIFIED BY" parameter

‏2012-01-24T22:57:02Z |
Hi All,
I am using IBM OPTIM LOAD functionality to load data from an .Xf file into an DB2 Database(windows).I am able to load the data successfully but have some issues with some tables in .XF file and to mitigate those i have to specify some parameters to the DB2 Loader(via OPTIM).
I have noticed that some of the load parameters for the DB2 Loader can be specified in the Load request DB alias TAb screen but not the "MODIFIED BY" Parameter.
THE IBM OPTIM LOAD DBALIAS TAB(DB2) does not provide an option to specify this parameter.Look at the screen shot
If possible,please let me know how to specify this......
Thanks.
Updated on 2012-04-30T21:02:47Z at 2012-04-30T21:02:47Z by OptimDev
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    301 Posts

Re: using DB2 LOADER via OPTIM and passing " MODIFIED BY" parameter

‏2012-01-26T18:47:14Z  
    Hi,
    If the LOAD tab does not have an available option to include new parameters, you can instruct Optim to only prepare the load, not actually execute it (Deselect "Perform Load" checkbox). Once the load is prepared, manually edit the command/sql file to include the MODIFIED BY parameter.

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers,
    Matt
  • OptimDev
    OptimDev
    54 Posts

‏2012-01-26T20:54:44Z  
    Hi,
    If the LOAD tab does not have an available option to include new parameters, you can instruct Optim to only prepare the load, not actually execute it (Deselect "Perform Load" checkbox). Once the load is prepared, manually edit the command/sql file to include the MODIFIED BY parameter.

Please let us know how you get on.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Hi Matt,
    Thanks for the response.I have actually tried it before, but unfortunately that does not work as OPTIM does not even create the files or the script needed for DB2 loader.This is because OPTIM is doing some kind of validation before the Creation of the script and files and finds that the destination table has an identity column(which does not accept the user supplied values).Once it does this validation OPTIM throws an error as below.
    There is a destination column SEQ_NUM, table TESTDB.TADMIN.SAP_TEST
    with a source that is not insertable.
    Please let me know if there is any other way with in optim to proceed further with out tweaking the destination Database.
    Thanks
  • TulasiDas
    TulasiDas
    70 Posts

‏2012-01-28T15:32:28Z  
    • OptimDev
    • ‏2012-01-26T20:54:44Z
    Hi Matt,
    Thanks for the response.I have actually tried it before, but unfortunately that does not work as OPTIM does not even create the files or the script needed for DB2 loader.This is because OPTIM is doing some kind of validation before the Creation of the script and files and finds that the destination table has an identity column(which does not accept the user supplied values).Once it does this validation OPTIM throws an error as below.
    There is a destination column SEQ_NUM, table TESTDB.TADMIN.SAP_TEST
    with a source that is not insertable.
    Please let me know if there is any other way with in optim to proceed further with out tweaking the destination Database.
    Thanks
    Hi,

1) Would it be possible for you to attach Optim trace files.
    2) What Optim release you are using
    3) What kind of columns does the Optim extract file contains
    4) Are you able to load the using Optim insert

Can you please clarify above questions, then it will help us to trouble shoot your problem.

Thanks,
    Tulasi
  • OptimDev
    OptimDev
    54 Posts

‏2012-01-30T15:34:07Z  
    • TulasiDas
    • ‏2012-01-28T15:32:28Z
    Hi,

1) Would it be possible for you to attach Optim trace files.
    2) What Optim release you are using
    3) What kind of columns does the Optim extract file contains
    4) Are you able to load the using Optim insert

Can you please clarify above questions, then it will help us to trouble shoot your problem.

Thanks,
    Tulasi
    Hi Tulasi,
    Thanks for the reply. I have contacted support for this issue and they were able to reproduce this issue.I would keep you keep posted on the resolution which i would be offered.
    Thanks.
  • Gansh
    Gansh
    4 Posts

‏2012-04-25T19:48:45Z  
    • OptimDev
    • ‏2012-01-30T15:34:07Z
    Hi Tulasi,
    Thanks for the reply. I have contacted support for this issue and they were able to reproduce this issue.I would keep you keep posted on the resolution which i would be offered.
    Thanks.
    Hi,

I was just curious to know the rosolution.

We have a similar situation where we are not even able to create the load files since the table has an identity column.

This is very critical for us to solve at this point. Appreciate a reply.

Thanks,
    Ganesh
  • OptimDev
    OptimDev
    54 Posts

‏2012-04-30T21:02:47Z  
    • Gansh
    • ‏2012-04-25T19:48:45Z
    Hi,

I was just curious to know the rosolution.

We have a similar situation where we are not even able to create the load files since the table has an identity column.

This is very critical for us to solve at this point. Appreciate a reply.

Thanks,
    Ganesh
    At this point it looks like support Does not have a solution for this.Please make sure to raise a ticket with IBM and request for a resolution.Please let me know if you have found any other solution ....
    Thanks....
  • Edward.D.
    Edward.D.
    3 Posts

‏2014-04-08T08:29:15Z  
    • OptimDev
    • ‏2012-04-30T21:02:47Z
    At this point it looks like support Does not have a solution for this.Please make sure to raise a ticket with IBM and request for a resolution.Please let me know if you have found any other solution ....
    Thanks....

Just want to ask if anyone has update on this. I have a similar problem.

In my case, I need to update the view table using my convert file. The error is "Table XXXXXX is not insertable" I am not doing an insert actually, just update only.

I need to know where can I get the exact error or sql code that optim encountered. Because I already tried DB2 Control Center and updating that view table is okay.