Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-01-24T19:54:24Z by joe_g
Jen_C
Jen_C
3 Posts

Pinned topic Custom layout-templates are not updating

‏2012-01-23T23:55:29Z |
We created a custom layout-template and uploaded it via WebDav, however when going to apply the new layout to a page, it is not visible for use.
Refreshing the page and even restarting the Portal does not make the custom template appear. We've also set the filestore cache expiration properties to 120 seconds.
This functionality works immediately in Portal 7, is there a new way to get it to update in Portal 8?
Updated on 2012-01-24T19:54:24Z at 2012-01-24T19:54:24Z by joe_g
  • joe_g
    joe_g
    8 Posts

Re: Custom layout-templates are not updating

‏2012-01-24T19:50:48Z  
    The most likely cause of this issue is that you are creating a layout template in the global scope which was automatically picked up in Portal 7, however, in Portal 8 you need to define layout templates in the JSON definition file for the shelf.

Global Layouts under webdav entry point fs-type1: (PageBuilder2 is an example theme that uses the global scope)
    |_themes
    |_skins
    |_layout-templates

Theme scoped layouts under webdav entry point fs-type1 (Portal8.0 is an example theme that uses the scoped layout/skins)
    |_themes
    |_Portal8.0
    |_skins
    |_layout-templates

An example of how to create a new layout that is scoped to a theme is documented here.
    http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/portalwiki.nsf/dx/Scoping_a_layout_to_a_theme_sdoc

Using theme scoped layouts is not required, you can go back to using the layout template behavior in Portal 7.0.0.1 if you would like, but this will require reverting the file "fs-type1:themes/Portal8.0/system/changeLayout.json" back to the Portal 7.0.0.1 definition which uses the LayoutTemplateModelStore.
  • joe_g
    joe_g
    8 Posts

Re: Custom layout-templates are not updating

‏2012-01-24T19:54:24Z  
    hmm. Unfortunately my indentation didn't quite work out like I intended for the theme scoped layouts under webdav entry point fs-type1. I was just trying to illustrate that the skins and layout-templates were under the Portal 8.0 directory like so:

themes > Portal 8.0 > skins
    themes > Portal 8.0 > layout-templates