Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
12 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-02-01T03:18:26Z by DGawron
aryan_raj
aryan_raj
67 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Dojo Inline Edit

‏2012-01-23T03:05:50Z |
Hi All,
I am trying to use the dojo inline edit builder, was able to put it on one of the fields. But how do perform an action when the user saves that particular field's value, want to update the edited fields value in the database when user clicks on the save image.
Updated on 2012-02-01T03:18:26Z at 2012-02-01T03:18:26Z by DGawron
  • aryan_raj
    aryan_raj
    67 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Dojo Inline Edit

‏2012-01-23T07:57:30Z  in response to aryan_raj
    Not sure about this - tried using the Submit Form option in the builder, have service provider , consumer in place, mapped the arguments, but not working.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1493 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-23T12:59:03Z  in response to aryan_raj
      Hi,

When the data is submitted Page Automation will update the value in the Variable that was used to display the data. You will then need to get the changed data, and us it to populate the inputs of a service operation that does the update to the back end.
      • aryan_raj
        aryan_raj
        67 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-23T16:13:17Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hi Tom,
        Thank you for the reply, yes now I got it. But is there any builder to convert the data type.
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          1493 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-23T18:35:57Z  in response to aryan_raj
          Hi,

I'm not quite sure I understand what you want to convert, can you be more specific?
          • aryan_raj
            aryan_raj
            67 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-23T18:42:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            Hi Tom,
            I need to convert string to decimal.
            • aryan_raj
              aryan_raj
              67 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-24T16:41:07Z  in response to aryan_raj
              I have applied the inline edit builder on one of columns, which is of DECIMAL type in my table. I need to convert the edited value, which I guess is a string to a double.
              Apart from this problem, now I am facing a different issue. I changed the field to edit in the inline edit builder to some other field, now the form submission is not happening even though the Submit Form is checked, no error in the logs.
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                1493 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-24T17:54:00Z  in response to aryan_raj
                Hi,

I would imagine the conversion would happen automatically when the SQL Call builder performed the update. Is there anything special about the field to changed to? I'm not sure why one field would work and another is not. What version of the Factory are you using? Perhaps you can create a simple version of your model and post it.
                • aryan_raj
                  aryan_raj
                  67 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-25T06:32:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                  Hi,

I am using wpf v6.1.5.
                  The conversion is not happpening, there is no special action to be done on this field, I am just editing the value and saving it. Will try to post the simple version of my model.
              • DGawron
                DGawron
                76 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-26T19:20:53Z  in response to aryan_raj
                The JDBC driver will automatically convert the string to the proper DB column type as long as the string doesn't contain any formatting such as a currency character or a thousands separator. You can enable logging in the SQL Call builder to see exactly what string is passed to the driver for the column. The SQL log output is written to the standard event log.
                • aryan_raj
                  aryan_raj
                  67 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-27T16:43:35Z  in response to DGawron
                  Thank you DGawron, will enable the logging. But this is the string I can see in the UI that is passing, it contains decimal as said, something like 65000.00
                  • aryan_raj
                    aryan_raj
                    67 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-27T17:19:49Z  in response to aryan_raj
                    Below is the error message in the systemout log,

Invalid character string format for type DECIMAL. Root exception is org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: Invalid character string format for type DECIMAL.
                  • DGawron
                    DGawron
                    76 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-01T03:18:26Z  in response to aryan_raj
                    What you see in the UI many not be what is actually passed to the driver when the SQL statement executes. The SQL logging will show the exact value.