Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-01-29T08:37:00Z by Ivan.Xu
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2233 Posts

Pinned topic wasce installation

‏2012-01-21T06:50:38Z |
I installed the Websphere Application Server Community Edition (WASCE v3.0.0.0). along with the eclipse indigo plug-ins. But the problem is that I am not able to start the server. It shows the message "Main not found" and the server is stopped. When I had installed the same, a long time ago, it had worked fine. I am not able to solve the problem. Please help !

Abhishek N.
Updated on 2012-01-29T08:37:00Z at 2012-01-29T08:37:00Z by Ivan.Xu
  • Ivan.Xu
    Ivan.Xu
    14 Posts

Re: wasce installation

‏2012-01-28T06:53:14Z  
    "Main not found" could be caused by many other reasons, it is better to give more information for your environment :
    a. how do you start the server, from command line or the eclipse plugin ? If it could not be started from eclipse plugin, could it be started from command line ?
    b. where did you install the wasce 3.0.0.0 server ?
    c. what is your OS ? if it is installed on the linux, which account is used to start the server ? e.g. if the different account is used to install and start server, there may cause issues by file access right.
    d. how is the environment setting ? especially the JRE related configurations ?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2233 Posts

‏2012-01-28T14:25:52Z  
    • Ivan.Xu
    • ‏2012-01-28T06:53:14Z
    "Main not found" could be caused by many other reasons, it is better to give more information for your environment :
    a. how do you start the server, from command line or the eclipse plugin ? If it could not be started from eclipse plugin, could it be started from command line ?
    b. where did you install the wasce 3.0.0.0 server ?
    c. what is your OS ? if it is installed on the linux, which account is used to start the server ? e.g. if the different account is used to install and start server, there may cause issues by file access right.
    d. how is the environment setting ? especially the JRE related configurations ?
    Mr Ivan,
    You had mentioned about the version of jre. I had installed the latest version of jre some time back. So, according to your suggestion, I uninstalled the same and tried to start the server again. But again, I am facing the same problem. The details of my environment are as follows:
    a] I start the server through the command line.
    b] I have installed wasce server in 'C' drive (ie the default one). However my eclipse is installed in another drive ('F'). But I dont think that it is a problem because I have used the correct path while installing the plugins.
    c] I am using Windows XP professional (and I am using the same user account for starting the server as the one which I had used for installing).
    d] And I am using java 6 update 26.
  • Ivan.Xu
    Ivan.Xu
    14 Posts

‏2012-01-29T08:37:00Z  
    The jre version should not be an issue, so far, we did not get feedback that WAS CE could not start with one specific version, what I mean the JRE_HOME or JAVA_HOME environment configuration.
    so after executing the startup.bat, are there any outputs like below, and if does, could you paste them out.

Using GERONIMO_HOME: J:\WASCE\3.0.0.0\20111115\wasce-server-web-3.0.0.0
    Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: J:\WASCE\3.0.0.0\20111115\wasce-server-web-3.0.0.0\var\temp
    Using JRE_HOME: D:\jdk6_30\jre