• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-20T19:14:14Z by SystemAdmin
Sammy1984
Sammy1984
5 Posts

Pinned topic Issue in configuring ITNM Cognos reports in TCR 2.1

‏2012-01-20T19:19:25Z |
Hi Everyone,

Let me brief about the architecture before..

Operating System : RHEL
Tivoli Tools : ITNM V3.9 which comes along with TCR V2.1
Back end Database : DB2 V9.7

ITNM Core components and DB2 are installed on server1.
ITNM web components (I would rather say TIP) and DB2 client is installed on server2.

Installation and configuration of ITNM, TIP, DB2 and DB2 client was successful.

Issue Details

Though all installation was successful, ITNM reports were missing and no datasource were created in TCR. So I had to manually import ITNM reports.

I have successfully imported and configured ITNM BIRT based reports into TCR using trcmd command. I have also successfully imported ITNM Cognos based reports into TCR using trcmd command. However I am facing issue while creating datasource for Cognos based reports. The below is the error I am getting while configuring NCIM datasouce.

QE-DEF-0285 The logon failed. QE-DEF-0325 The logon failed 

for the following reason: RQP-DEF-0068 Unable to connect to at least one database during a multi-database attach to 1 database(s) in: testDataSourceConnection   UDA-SQL-0031 Unable to access the “testDataSourceConnection” database. UDA-SQL-0107 A general exception has occurred during the operation “attach”. BME-EX-0144 Trace back: BmtPlayTransaction.cpp(757): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: BmtPlayTransaction::DoAction BmtActionHelper.cpp(488): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: BmtActionhelper::DoAction QFSSession.cpp(716): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest() QFSSession.cpp(714): QFException: CCL_CAUGHT: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest() QFSSession.cpp(1545): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSSession::SessionProcessTestConnection() Source/QE_RsApt.cpp(2071): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QE Source/QEI_ConnectionFault.cpp(814): QFException: CCL_THROW: QE

I have provided the same datasource details which I used for configuring ITNM BIRT reports, but still I am getting the same error. Am I missing anything. Kindly find the attachment for reference.

Can anyone please help me out in fixing this issue?

Awaiting reply from all experts...
Thank you,
G Ravi Chandran
Updated on 2012-12-20T19:14:14Z at 2012-12-20T19:14:14Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    373 Posts

Re: Issue in configuring ITNM Cognos reports in TCR 2.1

‏2012-01-20T21:00:58Z  
    Hi, that's a generic msg that doesn't show the details of why it happened.
    Is there a locally installed DB2 client? If so is it cataloged with the database wanted?
    Is the lib path variable set to include the 32 bit DB2 lib directory?
    And is the db2 profiles sources in the environment before starting TCR?
    These are generic TCR/DB2 connection questions. You can find this info here:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/topic/com.ibm.tivoli.tcr.doc_211/ttcr_config_db2db.html

From the ITNM side, I think there is a script to catalog the database at $NCHOME/precision/scripts/sql/db2/catalog_db2_database.sh that should be run as db2 admin.

Dan
  • Sammy1984
    Sammy1984
    5 Posts

‏2012-01-21T17:53:02Z  
    Hi, that's a generic msg that doesn't show the details of why it happened.
    Is there a locally installed DB2 client? If so is it cataloged with the database wanted?
    Is the lib path variable set to include the 32 bit DB2 lib directory?
    And is the db2 profiles sources in the environment before starting TCR?
    These are generic TCR/DB2 connection questions. You can find this info here:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/topic/com.ibm.tivoli.tcr.doc_211/ttcr_config_db2db.html

From the ITNM side, I think there is a script to catalog the database at $NCHOME/precision/scripts/sql/db2/catalog_db2_database.sh that should be run as db2 admin.

Dan
    Hi Dan,

Thank you for the response.

I have followed the steps as u suggested, but still I am getting the same error.

Please the attachment along with this post for your reference about the changes done.
    Thank you,
    Ravi Chandran.
  • bhargav38
    bhargav38
    1 Post

‏2012-04-20T18:29:32Z  
    • Sammy1984
    • ‏2012-01-21T17:53:02Z
    Hi Dan,

Thank you for the response.

I have followed the steps as u suggested, but still I am getting the same error.

Please the attachment along with this post for your reference about the changes done.
    Thank you,
    Ravi Chandran.
    Is the LD_LIBRARY_PATH set ? I had the similar issue and after setting up the LD_LIBRARY_PATh to db2 library path, it worked.

Bhargav
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    373 Posts

‏2012-12-20T06:46:48Z  
    I have the same issue, but on siver-side I can connecte to the datasource, on clien-side I can not.

Thanks!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    373 Posts

‏2012-12-20T19:14:14Z  
    I have the same issue, but on siver-side I can connecte to the datasource, on clien-side I can not.

Thanks!
    Hi bobojun,
    When you say you can't connect from the client side, does that mean you have a database client installed on the TCR system. And from that system you can't use the database client with the command line to connect to the database and run an SQL command?
    Or what exactly are you running/seeing?
    Dan Krissell