Y5HD_Victor_Nechiporenko
3 Posts

Pinned topic Eclipse Indigo unable to start WASCE 3.0.0

‏2012-01-19T14:02:52Z |
Hi All,

My configuration is:
1) Windows 7, UAC is disabled
2) WASCE 3.0.0 was installed into D:\IBMWASCE\
3) I choose installation of WASCE Eclipse Plugin into clean Eclipse Indigo (Build id: 20110916-0149)
4) I created new IBM WASCE 3.0.0 profile to use "Run As->Server" and "Debug As->Server" features in Eclipse.

I am able to start server manually (by startup.bat or by FirstSteps app). And in this case Eclipse plugin work fine (it deploy and publish my app correctly). But when I attempt to stop/start the server it throws the following error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/geronimo/cli/daemon/DaemonCLI
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.geronimo.cli.daemon.DaemonCLI
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "main"

So, I am unable to run server in debug mode to debug my app. Please advise, if there any was to resolve this issue or run the server in debug mode in another way

Thanks,
Victor
Updated on 2012-01-27T09:03:02Z at 2012-01-27T09:03:02Z by Y5HD_Victor_Nechiporenko
  • Shawn_Jiang
    Shawn_Jiang
    154 Posts

Re: Eclipse Indigo unable to start WASCE 3.0.0

‏2012-01-19T14:35:24Z  
    In this case, I would suggest you to use "geronimo.bat jpda run" to start the CE in remote debug mode. And then you can use remote debug to port 8000 in eclipse to connect the CE instance that is in debug mode now.

FWIW, you might also want to use "geronimo.bat jpda run -c" the additional -c will clean up the OSGi cache before starting the server so that it might help to reduce strange issues caused by polluted cache.
  • Y5HD_Victor_Nechiporenko
    3 Posts

Re: Eclipse Indigo unable to start WASCE 3.0.0

‏2012-01-27T09:03:02Z  
    I've resolved the issue by downloading the wasce_eclipse-plugin-3.0.0.0-p2repo.zip distributive. Unpacking it into c:\waspluging and specifying its path in Software Update windows as file://c:\waspluging. Such installation works well and I'm able to start/debug my projects on local server via eclipse plugin.