IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-02-01T07:49:58Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2014 Posts

Pinned topic what is the scope parameter name in ESFetchServlet ?

‏2012-01-18T15:47:26Z |
Hi,

I am able to download the documents using collection ids, with the help of following url format,

http:
//<domain_name>:<port>/search/ESFetchServlet?cid=<collection_id>&uri=<download_uri>

Can anyone please tell me how to download a document using application id (scope) created in omnifind, ie parameter to be used in ESFetchServlet url.

Thanks in advance.
Faith will move mountains,
Balajee
Updated on 2012-02-01T07:49:58Z at 2012-02-01T07:49:58Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2014 Posts

Re: what is the scope parameter name in ESFetchServlet ?

‏2012-01-19T09:08:13Z  
    Hi,

can anyone have an idea about this ESFetchServlet?

Balajee
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2014 Posts

‏2012-01-19T09:23:21Z  
    Hi,

can anyone have an idea about this ESFetchServlet?

Balajee
    Hi Balajee,

I fear the fetch servlet does only support fetching with collection id as parameter.

Usually you fetch a document after you have successfully found it, and then you already know the collection of this doc.

Document id is only unique inside a collection, so if you have documents with same id in several collections, which one should the servlet fetch?

The only call where the scope parameter is supported is when doing a search using REST API. But even in the REST API the get content call requires the collection id as parameter.

So if you need to fetch a document where you only know the id, you may have to do a REST API search first, then use the content url in the results to fetch the content.

Kind regards,
    Marcell
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2014 Posts

‏2012-02-01T07:49:58Z  
    Hi Balajee,

I fear the fetch servlet does only support fetching with collection id as parameter.

Usually you fetch a document after you have successfully found it, and then you already know the collection of this doc.

Document id is only unique inside a collection, so if you have documents with same id in several collections, which one should the servlet fetch?

The only call where the scope parameter is supported is when doing a search using REST API. But even in the REST API the get content call requires the collection id as parameter.

So if you need to fetch a document where you only know the id, you may have to do a REST API search first, then use the content url in the results to fetch the content.

Kind regards,
    Marcell
    Thank you Marcell.

Balajee.