Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-22T12:42:17Z by fordP
YMJN_nikol_athanass
YMJN_nikol_athanass
1 Post

Pinned topic How to create an association class and relate it with other classes

‏2012-01-18T12:55:45Z |
Hello, I am a new user of Rational Rhapsody 7.6.1.0. and UML. Currently I am developing a class diagram with Rhapsody, but is does not seem to fully support the creation of association classes.

Have concluded that it creates the class but does not display it with the usual box and does not allow to relate this class to any other. My model has numerous like associations and thus this is an important UML modeling construct. Is there a way to make association classes and relate them with others via associations or generalizations using Rhapsody?

Attached a picture of what I would like to do.

Thank you in advance for your answer,

Nikol
Updated on 2013-01-22T12:42:17Z at 2013-01-22T12:42:17Z by fordP
  • Eldad Palachi
    Eldad Palachi
    9 Posts

Re: How to create an association class and relate it with other classes

‏2012-01-29T07:41:01Z  
    Hi Nikol,

There are two ways you can create an association class in Rhapsody, via the features dialog of an association or by drawing an anchor from an association to a class.

Unfortunately, there is no way in Rhapsody for an association classes to have references to other classes or participate in other association as you show in your example.

Eldad
  • fordP
    fordP
    6 Posts

Re: How to create an association class and relate it with other classes

‏2013-01-22T12:42:17Z  
    Hi Nikol,

There are two ways you can create an association class in Rhapsody, via the features dialog of an association or by drawing an anchor from an association to a class.

Unfortunately, there is no way in Rhapsody for an association classes to have references to other classes or participate in other association as you show in your example.

Eldad
    Hello,

I attach my question to this old post, because it is very similar to my problem:

Do "association classes" support code generation? (How do I enable it?)
    I tried the given example, but it does not make any differnce in the generated code.
    (The operations and attributes of the association class do not generate any code.)
    Is this feature only for documentation purpose?

In the feature dialog of the association in the field "Consists Of", I can also select "Association Element". I understand, what an UML association class is, but what is an "Association Element"?

Kind regards,

Ford.