• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-01-24T05:22:29Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
33 Posts

Pinned topic Configuration for Mysql

‏2012-01-18T09:40:47Z |
Hi.

I want to configure MySQL(Source) with Sales force(target) using the cast iron express(trail)
MySQL is installed in PC.I had done the below setting but says connections failed.

MySQL setting:

Name:Test MySQL
Database Name :test
Database Server: my IP address(xxx.xx.xx.xxx)
Port:
Username:root
Password:****

where I had gone wrong.
Thanks for the help
Updated on 2012-01-24T05:22:29Z at 2012-01-24T05:22:29Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    33 Posts

Re: Configuration for Mysql

‏2012-01-18T18:29:46Z  
    Hi,

I'm assuming that the secure connector is installed on the same network as the pc where mysql runs.
    Now, the issue that you've ran into could be because the "root" user may not have privileges to connect from the specified ip address. You can grant the privilege using the MYSQL Adminstrator tool.

As an workaround, if secure connector runs on the same pc as the mysql database, you can use "localhost" instead of the ip address. I believe the "root" can access mysql from the localhost.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    33 Posts

‏2012-01-19T07:36:57Z  
    Hi,

I'm assuming that the secure connector is installed on the same network as the pc where mysql runs.
    Now, the issue that you've ran into could be because the "root" user may not have privileges to connect from the specified ip address. You can grant the privilege using the MYSQL Adminstrator tool.

As an workaround, if secure connector runs on the same pc as the mysql database, you can use "localhost" instead of the ip address. I believe the "root" can access mysql from the localhost.
    Hi.

Thanks for the reply.
    To run as per you said now Im having a problem in secure connector.
    The secure connectors runs(service) very good before the mysql plugin is updated to the lib file.

"com.springsource.com.mysql.jdbc-5.1.6" after adding this the service is not running.
    In the windows service admin it says it is running.but when I try to connect through cast iron
    it says secure connector is not running.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    33 Posts

‏2012-01-23T20:17:46Z  
    Hi.

Thanks for the reply.
    To run as per you said now Im having a problem in secure connector.
    The secure connectors runs(service) very good before the mysql plugin is updated to the lib file.

"com.springsource.com.mysql.jdbc-5.1.6" after adding this the service is not running.
    In the windows service admin it says it is running.but when I try to connect through cast iron
    it says secure connector is not running.
    That particular jar needs to be copied to the lib/plugins directory so that the secure connector can pick it up.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    33 Posts

‏2012-01-24T05:22:29Z  
    That particular jar needs to be copied to the lib/plugins directory so that the secure connector can pick it up.
    Yes I copied before also.
    but I found I was running windows as a normal user.
    When login as admin than mysql was connected.