Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-02-13T16:47:01Z by JianGao
JianGao
JianGao
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Question on Sample of Managed Mysurance Sample for Android

‏2012-01-17T18:54:38Z |
Continue my last question on application of Notified Mysurance Sample for Android, I have another question on Sample of Managed Mysurance Sample for Android:
It is missing UI for user to register device. Is it assumed that testing device has been registered in previous sample?
If I update server info with my local mysurance server url, I am able to upload user profile or add/remove vehicles.
But I could not find this device on mobilemgmt server side as registered.
If I try to use mobilemgmt url to update server as instructed in help documentation, then nothing is working.

Please help, Thanks!
Updated on 2012-02-13T16:47:01Z at 2012-02-13T16:47:01Z by JianGao
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    59 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Question on Sample of Managed Mysurance Sample for Android

‏2012-01-19T19:43:31Z  in response to JianGao
    Confirming that we've received these reports and have opened defects to verify your findings. You should hear back from somebody on these shortly.
  • stephen_zhang
    stephen_zhang
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-20T08:37:41Z  in response to JianGao
    Hi, JianGao
    Managed Mysurance does not necessarily register the device to the application management server. The management policy can be applied to the application. The server url here in the setting is for the url address of mysurance server not the application management server. That is why setting url to mobilemgmt will get nothing working.

However, the management policy should also be able to manage the application on specific device and for that we need to register devices. We have put your report in our database and will update the application to reflect the registration needs. Thanks for your report.
  • NiliGuy
    NiliGuy
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-23T05:16:03Z  in response to JianGao
    Hey,

ManagedMysurance does register the device, but it does that when opening the application. So the first time you open the application you should see an alert message saying "Failed to locate server url....".
    So first open the application and go to the setting view, update the server url, the format should be as in mysurance, e.g
    192.168.33.101:9080/mysurance (without http), insert username and password and press update button.
    You should see after a few seconds a message at the button of the screen saying Server address set to 192.168.33.101:9080/mysurance.
    If you close the application and open it again you should not see the error message again, and the application registers itself.
    Go to http://localhost:9080/mobilemgmt/view/desktop/pages/devices
    You should see a device there named My User Friendly Nickname with ManagemedMysurance installed on it.
  • JianGao
    JianGao
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-13T16:47:01Z  in response to JianGao
    Hi folks, thank you very much for prompt answer!
    Just came back from a long vacation and could not follow up the thread on time.
    Currently our team is evaluating another mobile app framework.
    And I will definitely give another try as your instruction once I get chance.