Topic
12 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-10-17T12:43:14Z by YPS1_guybrush_guybrush
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
56 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 TIPS (not salesforce)

‏2012-01-17T12:42:13Z |
We're running a synchronisation project between Domino and Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
Does anyone know of a connector we can use? We would really appreciate some guidance from anyone who is using Cast Iron to put data into Dynamics CRM 2011. We've been on the IBM Websphere Cast Iron Configuration course WU940 and it still doesn't make a lot of sense how to use the webservice to create records in CRM using Cast Iron. Thanks!
Updated on 2012-03-15T19:39:09Z at 2012-03-15T19:39:09Z by encryptor
  • encryptor
    encryptor
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 TIPS (not salesforce)

‏2012-03-15T19:39:09Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    For starters, you'll need to configure an endpoint in Cast Iron Studio for your destination. You'll also need a web service task in your orchestration.
    • Voudda
      Voudda
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-16T04:30:07Z  in response to encryptor

Dear All,

Currently I'm also working with Integration between MS CRM and SAP ERP using Cast Iron. Currently, I'm working with MS CRM 4 via web services, and it is working perfect. However, I am trying to upgrade from crm 4 to crm 2011, unfortunately, it doesn't work even I tried to use the same configuration of CRM4. So, could anyone help me, what should I do in order to connect to CRM 2011 using web services? Is there anything different from CRM 4 in IIS or anything we should do on cast iron studio?

Very appreciate for your great support.

Voudda

Updated on 2013-10-16T04:32:01Z at 2013-10-16T04:32:01Z by Voudda
      • YPS1_guybrush_guybrush
        8 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-16T06:36:47Z  in response to Voudda

When you tried to connect to Dynamics CRM 2011, what error you had encountered. FYI, under the Cast Iron studio installation folder, there are error.log and server.log files which will output the stack trace of the error into them. If my understanding is correct, you should have encountered some web service error when you tried to connect, can you open the error.log file and see which error was it and show us? Or possible share out the log file so that we can have a look.

• Voudda
          Voudda
          5 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-16T09:17:49Z  in response to YPS1_guybrush_guybrush

When I test a note to fetch data from CRM 2011, the message error shows that " Http Code:401 from servername.  Caused by: Received Http Code:401 from ServerName." and I know that is caused from authentication, can be wrong user name, password, or organization name. But i am sure it's not because I filled wrong user name or password as the same properties was working fine with CRM 4, only when I change connection to CRM 2011, it will give this error.

Note: I am using webservices CrmService.asmx same as CRM 4.

Updated on 2013-10-16T09:19:04Z at 2013-10-16T09:19:04Z by Voudda
          • YPS1_guybrush_guybrush
            8 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-16T10:00:28Z  in response to Voudda

Are you sure you're doing it correctly or you're assuming that CRM 2011 behaviour will suppose to be same with CRM 4? Past experience has given hints that MS always changed the architecture of their software on some versions. I've googled and found out that CRM 2011 is no longer accessible using web service endpoint way in CRM 4, it needs to be access in another way. Perhaps this is the major reason why the thing breakdown and not functioning? Can you try out or try to follow the steps advise in this thread and see if you're able to access your Cloud CRM 2011?

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/93f8ff79-4020-4122-99a2-a591590f059f/add-crmserviceasmx-in-application

• Voudda
    Voudda
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-16T11:02:31Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Thank so much Guybrush for your guide.

And on CRM 4 I'm using this web service: http://<servername>/MSCrmServices/2007/CrmService.asmx and this link i can access for both service of CRM 4 and CRM 2011 to see structure in xml format and this link http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg334316.aspx also tells me that CRM 2011 still compatible with this. Moreover, I have done so many functionalities with this method that's why I want to keep using it to reduce time for ugrade. I also have tried using another method which is the new way that we connect to crm 2011 via webservice by this file "http://ServerName/OrganizationName/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc"; however, it has no anything method like create, update, fetch... when we import it to cast iron studio as the previous one has. So if there is a senario that we can connect CRM using cast iron studio with Organization.svc instead, I would be fine to use it.

• YPS1_guybrush_guybrush
      8 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-16T22:59:46Z  in response to Voudda

Are you using on-premise version of Dynamics CRM 2011? I've actually applied for a trial account of Cloud based Dynamics CRM 2011 Online and I've downloaded the WSDL. It contains Create/Update/Retrieve/Remove functions etc. However, like what you said, since MS website did in fact proposed the migration should be implemented accordingly to the least complex way, I think you should stick with it. My suggestion would be you proceed to log a case to IBM support and ask them to guide you through.

• Voudda
    Voudda
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-17T03:17:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin

I am using on-premise version previously. As you mentioned, your WSDL file contains all operations such as Create/Update/Retrieve/Remove etc, so I think it would work for my case if I reach this stage too. However, I can see all operations only when I open the schema WSDL that I imported, but when I try to create a node invoke service from the endpoint that using that WSDL file, it contains nothing on configure WSDL Operation. You can see my attached file and I am testing with CRM online too. So could you recommend me, did I miss any point that make me cannot see any operation like this such as connection properties and so on?

Really appreciate for your feedback.

Attachments

• YPS1_guybrush_guybrush
      8 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-17T04:58:36Z  in response to Voudda

Hi Voudda,

If based on the online version which I have a trial account, you could actually access the wsdl file on this address:

https://ilovework.api.crm5.dynamics.com/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc?wsdl

But if you look closely on the content of the WSDL, it actually further imports from another wsdl file that contain and define the functionality exposed and available to be used via SOAP API call. \

<wsdl:import namespace="http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts/Services" location="https://ilovework.api.crm5.dynamics.com/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc?wsdl=wsdl0"/>

The address is:

https://ilovework.api.crm5.dynamics.com/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc?wsdl=wsdl0

This is the one that actually has the CRM functions for you to call.

FYI, I'm using Cast Iron studio version prior to v6.3.x.x, I'm able to define the web service endpoint pointing to that wsdl. I would suggest maybe you use a blank orchestration and then create a simple query record orchestration and try to see if it works. When importing the WSDL, studio will prompt you to import other documents like WSDL or XSD schema, please click yes and proceed. Then select a "Invoke Service" activity for Web Service endpoint. Then point the endpoint to the Web Service endpoint defined earlier and then follow the steps in the checklist to finish up things like function, map input and map output. Try running them and by right it should be working. I'm not that familiar with Dynamics CRM though.

• Voudda
        Voudda
        5 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-17T07:24:49Z  in response to YPS1_guybrush_guybrush

Hi Guybrush,

Thank you so much for your help. Anyway, I'm quite new with CRM 2011 and also New with wsdl. So, would you mind if I ask for a small Cast Iron Project from you just for a node to create or fetch a record? I would see that project and try to apply with my case.

• YPS1_guybrush_guybrush
          8 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-17T07:35:02Z  in response to Voudda

Hi Voudda,

Can you possible send your CRM 4 based projects/orchestrations for me to have a look? You can remove those account related info though. I just want to know roughly how it suppose to be done in MS CRM. I have some development experience in CRM on Salesforce side, and I'm not coming from MS camp. I don't know which one is the enitity id, if i want to query an account record. I need to pass in an id right? If you don't want to share it publicly here, you can send to my email at sooseongng@hotmail.com

• YPS1_guybrush_guybrush
          8 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-17T12:43:14Z  in response to Voudda

Voudda,

I think it's better for you to follow up with IBM on this issue as i think it involves more technical knowledge that exceeds beyond my understanding on MS CRM. I've tried to connect to MS CRM 2011 online using the WSDL file I've mentioned earlier, using studio 6.1.0.0 I didn't encountered the WSDL operation configuration issue you've mentioned earlier. I managed to reproduce the error in 6.1.0.3, so I think it's version specific bug. However, my sample orchestration tried to retrieve a record, but I encountered error HTTP code 415. I'm sorry but that's the best I can help you I believe.

• This reply was deleted by Voudda 2013-10-17T08:40:16Z.