5 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-02-08T08:22:17Z by RobertoFdez
thomas.abdoul
thomas.abdoul
10 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Save Customized toolbar

‏2012-01-16T08:54:26Z |
Hello,

I create VBA macros for System ARchitect with NAF and i add a customized toolbar on system architect for calling my macros. Is it possible to save the toolbar and apply it to all the user?

Thanks,
Updated on 2012-02-08T08:22:17Z at 2012-02-08T08:22:17Z by RobertoFdez
  • RobertoFdez
    RobertoFdez
    102 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Save Customized toolbar

‏2012-01-16T09:29:26Z  in response to thomas.abdoul
    Hi,

Yes, you can create a customized toolbar and apply it to all users. To understand how to create a customized toolbar and how associate it to a macro file, go to the installation folder and rename "Myfirst._tbx" to "Myfirst.tbx" in order to active it at System Architect startup (This is an example of a customized toolbar). In the same folder you have "MyMenuExtendingMacro.mac": it contains a macro example to run procedures by clicking any button of the toolbar.

After that, you have to edit "SA2001.ini" for all users in order to load the .mac automatically for each user. I will explain how to do this later. First, you should check the .tbx and .mac file first.

Regards,
    Roberto.
    • thomas.abdoul
      thomas.abdoul
      10 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-16T09:47:11Z  in response to RobertoFdez
      Thanks for your quick answer! i will check .tbx and .mac file and i wait for your complements.
      • RobertoFdez
        RobertoFdez
        102 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-16T09:57:22Z  in response to thomas.abdoul
        Ok.

One question, each user has SA installed on its PC or they connect to the same terminal through remote sessions?
        • thomas.abdoul
          thomas.abdoul
          10 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-07T14:48:45Z  in response to RobertoFdez
          Hello,

Sorry for this late-stage answer.
          Each user connect to the same terminal remote sessions.
          And it's a problem as i don't manage the server i can get the file you describe before...
          • RobertoFdez
            RobertoFdez
            102 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-02-08T08:22:17Z  in response to thomas.abdoul
            As far as I know, customized toolbar can be stored in two different places:

-Installation path, in a file with tbx extension. The first time System Architect recognizes this file, the toolbar will be loaded.
            -User directory, for example:

C:\Documents and Settings\*user*\Local Settings\Application Data\Telelogic\System Architect\sausrtbf.tbf

The simplest way to deploy a new toolbar for all the users is using tbx file, since I don't know exactly the way SA saves the UI information in sausrtbf.tbf file.