Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-08-04T01:55:47Z by Shajil T.K.
Shajil T.K.
Shajil T.K.
11 Posts

Pinned topic When drilling down on a line with in a finance report the o/p is confusing

‏2012-01-12T21:44:04Z |
I have a finance report e.g. the balance sheet, which has a number of account groups which has a heirarchy built in with 4 levels. starting from the highest level (e.g. Assets, liabilities,...) up to the account code level. Let me call level4 the highest level and level0 the account code level.

On the balance sheet I have used the level3 as well as level2 to present the default statement and I am allowing the user to drilldown on them if they want to refine their view further.

However once the user drillsdown on to the next level it becomes confusing, since all the drilled down items are now appearing along with the already existing items. The user easily loses focus on what was drilled down and what was not.

Is there a way to indent what has been drilled upon or some other way so that the drilldown process is not confusing to the user?
Updated on 2012-08-04T01:55:47Z at 2012-08-04T01:55:47Z by Shajil T.K.
  • DanMac
    DanMac
    15 Posts

Re: When drilling down on a line with in a finance report the o/p is confusing

‏2012-01-13T00:06:19Z  
    Hi,

The answer depends on which interface you are using for presenting this report, i.e. Reporter or Advisor. Basic instructions for each are below:

Reporter:
    Select the row headers in Report Studio, in the properties (bottom left frame) of the row header under the General heading is an option called Level Indentation, this will allow you to choose Relative or Based on the level in the hierarchy. Either of these options will provide for the indentation you require.

Advisor:
    Press the Options button on the Toolbar in Advisor, then go to the Headers tab. The third tick box down on the left is "Indent Row Headers", checking this will allow you to define a character to use as an indent. The default is a full stop, this works quite well to demonstrate the functionality, but you may wish to alter it to a space or a dash.

Please let me know if this information helped.
    Thanks
    Dan
  • Shajil T.K.
    Shajil T.K.
    11 Posts

Re: When drilling down on a line with in a finance report the o/p is confusing

‏2012-08-04T01:55:47Z  
    Thanks, that information helped