Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-01-25T16:54:26Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
270 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic An internal error occurred during: "Connecting ... [SLT1]".

‏2012-01-11T18:18:01Z |
I have just installed CICS Explorer and attained RACF authority to connect to our CICS transactions. Upon connecting I get the error of 'An internal error occurred during: "Connecting ... SLT1".'. The details are

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Failed to create a thread: retVal -1073741830, errno 12
at java.lang.Thread.startImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:887)

This is on Windows 7 connecting to CICS 3.2 regions.

The stack trace goes deeper, but I only displayed the small amount to keep the post small. Any suggestions on what to investigate or change?
Updated on 2012-01-25T16:54:26Z at 2012-01-25T16:54:26Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    270 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: An internal error occurred during: "Connecting ... [SLT1]".

‏2012-01-11T18:36:37Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Additional information: adding -vmargs -Xmx1024m to the shortcut seems to have fixed the problem. Now getting an emtpy Explorer Tree View. Using the web interface, I get 'Requested Menu (EYUSTARTMENU) not available.'.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    270 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-18T18:58:18Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hey there,

I think it would be very unusual to see an OOM error so early after startup. Let's assume for now that the problem is triggered by the empty tree you mention in your second post and investigate that first.

I think you EYUSTARTMENU message probably means that your WUI hasn't been setup by the sysadmin, but I'm not 100% certain on that.

To start with, could you hit the refresh button on the tree view, wait for nothing to appear, and then do explorer, trace, collect service data and send the zip back. That will allow us to see what Explorer did, which URLs it called, and how many records were sent back.

At that point we should get some idea of where to head with troubleshooting.

Thanks in advance!

Dave
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    270 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-18T19:05:00Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    The issue with the empty tree is RACF permissions on CICS resources. This is being corrected.

The OOM issue was resolved by adding "-vmargs -Xmx1024m" as runtime arguments to the CICSExplorer shortcut.

Once I have gotten the RACF permissions corrected, I will remove the runtime arguments to see if they are still needed. The runtime arguments were provided from a Java SME.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      270 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-18T19:27:52Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Sounds like you're managing pretty well!

Let us know what happens once the RACF is sorted. That way we'll know for anyone else falling over the same issue.

Thanks!

Dave
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    270 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-25T16:54:26Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    After all the RACF permissions were granted, I removed the runtime options from CICSExplorer and it works fine. I suggest that CICSExplorer be more tolerant of RACF permissions and inform the user of the issue, or at least of the potential issue. The permissions I had to have granted were COVA transaction, and the following profiles (I know they are site dependent) in the FACILITY class:

EYUWUI..VIEW.
    EYUWUI..MENU.
    EYUWUI..MAP.
    EYUWUI..HELP.

and in the CPSMOBJ class
    CONFIG.**
    TOPOLOGY.**
    OPERATE.**