Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-28T07:44:47Z by Aleksander Kovač
Todd_O
Todd_O
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Rad 8 Websphere 7 Test Environment SSL Exception

‏2012-01-11T16:21:25Z |
I am trying to diagnose an issue with a freshly installed RAD 8.0.4 and Websphere Test Environment 7.0.9. A similar post was contributed to the Websphere 7 thread but I believe it may be associated with RAD to some extent.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=413367

I enable LDAP security with a windows active directory domain, add to RAD the security config necessary for it to monitor the server, and I continually get the following exception every few seconds in my RAD console.

This is a fresh install of this software and I have now reinstalled both the profile and the test environment once each, to no avail.

I'm a little confused because this configuration works for Websphere 6.1 TE that I have traditionally used. Is there some additional setting I need to pay attention to?

[1/11/12 10:02:04:765 EST] 00000015 SSLHandshakeE E   SSLC0008E: Unable to initialize SSL connection.  Unauthorized access was denied or security settings have expired.  Exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection? at com.ibm.jsse2.b.a(b.java:6) at com.ibm.jsse2.qc.a(qc.java:492) at com.ibm.jsse2.qc.unwrap(qc.java:408) at javax.net.ssl.SSLEngine.unwrap(SSLEngine.java:17) at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLConnectionLink.readyInbound(SSLConnectionLink.java:534) at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLConnectionLink.ready(SSLConnectionLink.java:294) at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.sendToDiscriminators(NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.java:214) at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.complete(NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.java:113) at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165) at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217) at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161) at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:138) at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:204) at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:775) at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:905) at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1604)
Updated on 2012-01-11T17:15:35Z at 2012-01-11T17:15:35Z by Todd_O
  • Todd_O
    Todd_O
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Rad 8 Websphere 7 Test Environment SSL Exception

‏2012-01-11T17:15:35Z  in response to Todd_O
    This now has spontaneously resolved itself after several restarts.

I'm not sure what to make of this but to hopefully reassure those who might run into it that it will eventually go away if you simply stop and start your app and restart rad and your machine enough times.

Perhaps IBM can recreate or look into what is wrong.
  • Aleksander Kovač
    Aleksander Kovač
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Rad 8 Websphere 7 Test Environment SSL Exception

‏2013-07-28T07:44:47Z  in response to Todd_O

Hi,

when global security is enabled on the server, and the only client to the server is a development environment, such as Eclipse or RAD: When you see a message such as

Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?

What needs to be done is to run the development environment with IBM's JRE. In Eclipse one would edit the eclipse.ini file and add the -vm parameter:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse.ini

Also make sure the server has enough heap set.

Regards,

Aleksander