• Latest Post - ‏2012-01-12T18:03:53Z by aryan_raj
aryan_raj
aryan_raj
67 Posts

Pinned topic Search

‏2012-01-11T11:41:00Z |
Hi All,
I am new to wpf, am using wpf v6.1.5. Pls help me for the below things,

1. I want to conditionally render a data page builder, when the page loads, there is no data, but the data page is displaying the column names, can v hide this ?, for this I have tried using attribute setter on the span tag which contains the data page builder, but not working. I tried this by setting the style attribute on the span tag, gave the value to this attribute as " display: none "

2. Getting a value from the text input. Actually in Button builder, I am trying to call a service consumer for which I need to pass arguments. How to pass the value from the text input as an argument.

I am just trying to create a search functionality, the page has a text input and a button. If there are any matching records I need to display the records.
Updated on 2012-01-12T18:03:53Z at 2012-01-12T18:03:53Z by aryan_raj
  • mburati
    mburati
    425 Posts

Re: Search

‏2012-01-11T15:19:01Z  
    For (1), while you could use a Visibility Setter, if you're using Page Automation (eg, Data page, View and Form, DSUI, Input Form builders) to display a table, then try using Data Column Modifier (a modifier of page automation generated tables) to tell page automation what to do when there is no data (eg, display alternate HTML).

For (2), while you should be able to pass an argument to a method from a Button (assuming you have a method that takes an argument) with the arguments section of the Button builder inputs, if you're calling a Service Operation with defined inputs/outputs, then you're really better off letting WEF automate/generate as much as possible for you by using the page automation builders (Input Form, Data Page, View and Form, DSUI). Using something like Input Form for this can generate the Input form and results page, along with the mechanism to take your input(s) and copy it to the service operations input variable, generate the linkage between the service operation results and the output display page etc.

If you're new to WEF, then I suggest using the most recent version of WEF possible (currently 7.0.1.x) to get as much automation as possible done for you, and going through all the WEF tutorials, samples and Learning Roadmap on the Wiki to see how various use cases are implemented with WEF.

Here are some links that may help:

WPF Wiki; http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf
    WEF Learning Roadmap: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/dx/learning-websphere-portlet-factory
    WEF Videos: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/dx/Web_Experience_Factory_Video_Gallery
    WEF Application Patterns: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/dx/Application_Patterns_with_Web_Experience_Factory

I hope that info helps,
    ..mb1
  • aryan_raj
    aryan_raj
    67 Posts

‏2012-01-11T16:41:12Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2012-01-11T15:19:01Z
    For (1), while you could use a Visibility Setter, if you're using Page Automation (eg, Data page, View and Form, DSUI, Input Form builders) to display a table, then try using Data Column Modifier (a modifier of page automation generated tables) to tell page automation what to do when there is no data (eg, display alternate HTML).

For (2), while you should be able to pass an argument to a method from a Button (assuming you have a method that takes an argument) with the arguments section of the Button builder inputs, if you're calling a Service Operation with defined inputs/outputs, then you're really better off letting WEF automate/generate as much as possible for you by using the page automation builders (Input Form, Data Page, View and Form, DSUI). Using something like Input Form for this can generate the Input form and results page, along with the mechanism to take your input(s) and copy it to the service operations input variable, generate the linkage between the service operation results and the output display page etc.

If you're new to WEF, then I suggest using the most recent version of WEF possible (currently 7.0.1.x) to get as much automation as possible done for you, and going through all the WEF tutorials, samples and Learning Roadmap on the Wiki to see how various use cases are implemented with WEF.

Here are some links that may help:

WPF Wiki; http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf
    WEF Learning Roadmap: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/dx/learning-websphere-portlet-factory
    WEF Videos: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/dx/Web_Experience_Factory_Video_Gallery
    WEF Application Patterns: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/dx/Application_Patterns_with_Web_Experience_Factory

I hope that info helps,
    ..mb1
    Hi mb1,
    I didn't get the second point, can you please help me out. How will the page builders like data page builder automate that, I need to pass the text input value.
  • aryan_raj
    aryan_raj
    67 Posts

‏2012-01-12T07:05:46Z  
    • aryan_raj
    • ‏2012-01-11T16:41:12Z
    Hi mb1,
    I didn't get the second point, can you please help me out. How will the page builders like data page builder automate that, I need to pass the text input value.
    Hi,
    I am able to do that using View and Form builder, it created a Text input and a button. One click of the button, it is displaying the matching records but I want to customize the search results table. I want to insert content builder in one of the columns.
  • aryan_raj
    aryan_raj
    67 Posts

‏2012-01-12T07:07:29Z  
    • aryan_raj
    • ‏2012-01-12T07:05:46Z
    Hi,
    I am able to do that using View and Form builder, it created a Text input and a button. One click of the button, it is displaying the matching records but I want to customize the search results table. I want to insert content builder in one of the columns.
    I want to put content launch builder in one of the columns.
  • aryan_raj
    aryan_raj
    67 Posts

‏2012-01-12T17:20:36Z  
    • aryan_raj
    • ‏2012-01-12T07:07:29Z
    I want to put content launch builder in one of the columns.
    I am able do it using data column modifier, but how to achieve conditional rendering of a button in a row. Can we use visibility setter for this?
  • mburati
    mburati
    425 Posts

‏2012-01-12T17:37:16Z  
    • aryan_raj
    • ‏2012-01-12T17:20:36Z
    I am able do it using data column modifier, but how to achieve conditional rendering of a button in a row. Can we use visibility setter for this?
    Hi, I'm glad to see you're making progress on this and able to answer some of your own questions faster than we even see those questions now - that's a sign that you're no longer new to WEF :-). Hopefully you'll be able to help answer others questions on this forum soon too, indicating the next jump in WEF expertise... The more experts helping others be successful here, the more successful the WEF community and projects built with WEF will be...

Yes, you're right, Visibility Setter is a good option for conditional rendering of a cell within a table. I believe there are a couple recent (past couple months) threads in this forum suggesting that very same answer for similar questions. You can base the Visibility Setter on an indirect ref check right into the row loop variable, or on a method call to a method (passing an argument from an indirect ref into the row loop variable) that does some extra logic based on that information from that current row, to check (and return) whether to display that cell for that row.

I hope that helps,
    ..mb1
  • aryan_raj
    aryan_raj
    67 Posts

‏2012-01-12T18:03:53Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2012-01-12T17:37:16Z
    Hi, I'm glad to see you're making progress on this and able to answer some of your own questions faster than we even see those questions now - that's a sign that you're no longer new to WEF :-). Hopefully you'll be able to help answer others questions on this forum soon too, indicating the next jump in WEF expertise... The more experts helping others be successful here, the more successful the WEF community and projects built with WEF will be...

Yes, you're right, Visibility Setter is a good option for conditional rendering of a cell within a table. I believe there are a couple recent (past couple months) threads in this forum suggesting that very same answer for similar questions. You can base the Visibility Setter on an indirect ref check right into the row loop variable, or on a method call to a method (passing an argument from an indirect ref into the row loop variable) that does some extra logic based on that information from that current row, to check (and return) whether to display that cell for that row.

I hope that helps,
    ..mb1
    Thank you mb1, thank you for the helpful information and encouraging words. Will definitely answer.