• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-03-01T06:35:59Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
847 Posts

Pinned topic ITCAM for AD - Customize log files

‏2012-01-10T12:12:47Z |
hello,

I need to redirect the data collector logs to be saved in the filesystem / tmp.

I saw in the documentation that can be done by modifying the properties files and cyn-cclog.properties cynlogging.properties.

What changes do I have to do in these files to redirect the data collector logs to the desired location?
Thank you all.
regards
Updated on 2012-03-01T06:35:59Z at 2012-03-01T06:35:59Z by SystemAdmin
  • davidlskeen
    davidlskeen
    68 Posts

Re: ITCAM for AD - Customize log files

‏2012-01-17T17:05:02Z  
    If you change all the *DIR and dir vars in <DC>/runtime/<server>/dc..properties (dc.env.properties and dc.java.properties) that will redirect all logging to a custom directory. This is described at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v24r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.itcamfad.doc_7101%2Fplanning_an_installation%2FWebSphereAgent.html&resultof=%22dc%2eenv%2eproperties%22%20
    --
    Dave Skeen
  • davidlskeen
    davidlskeen
    68 Posts

‏2012-01-17T19:09:56Z  
    If you change all the *DIR and dir vars in <DC>/runtime/<server>/dc..properties (dc.env.properties and dc.java.properties) that will redirect all logging to a custom directory. This is described at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v24r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.itcamfad.doc_7101%2Fplanning_an_installation%2FWebSphereAgent.html&resultof=%22dc%2eenv%2eproperties%22%20
    --
    Dave Skeen
    Trying again, hopefully will not be mangled by the forum editor
    If you change all the variables ending in DIR, Dir, or dir in <DC>/runtime/<server>/dc.*.properties (dc.env.properties and dc.java.properties) that will redirect all logging to a custom directory. This is described at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v24r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.itcamfad.doc_7101%2Fplanning_an_installation%2FWebSphereAgent.html
    --
    Dave Skeen
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    847 Posts

‏2012-01-25T16:02:33Z  
    Trying again, hopefully will not be mangled by the forum editor
    If you change all the variables ending in DIR, Dir, or dir in <DC>/runtime/<server>/dc.*.properties (dc.env.properties and dc.java.properties) that will redirect all logging to a custom directory. This is described at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v24r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.itcamfad.doc_7101%2Fplanning_an_installation%2FWebSphereAgent.html
    --
    Dave Skeen
    Thanks Davidskeen.

I was change the dc.env.properties and dc.java.properties and logs redirect to my new directory.

It´s strange because the Tivoli Documentation said that you modified another files in another document but the real information is about dc.env.properties and dc.java.properties.

Best regards.
    Abel.
  • davidlskeen
    davidlskeen
    68 Posts

‏2012-01-25T16:58:10Z  
    Thanks Davidskeen.

I was change the dc.env.properties and dc.java.properties and logs redirect to my new directory.

It´s strange because the Tivoli Documentation said that you modified another files in another document but the real information is about dc.env.properties and dc.java.properties.

Best regards.
    Abel.
    We will fix that in info center (I've seen a corrected draft, hopefully it gets to the web site soon).
    --
    Dave Skeen
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    847 Posts

‏2012-01-26T14:57:14Z  
    We will fix that in info center (I've seen a corrected draft, hopefully it gets to the web site soon).
    --
    Dave Skeen
    Thanks Dave.

Now I'm fighting the port consolidator. It works as it should.

I will open another post shortly with the information.

Again, thanks for everything.
    Abel Llergo.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    847 Posts

‏2012-03-01T06:35:59Z  
    Hello,
    As per the post seem you are trying to change the logs for ITCAMfMA: Active directory Agent.
    The default folder for these logs is in <Candle_Home>\TMAITM6\LOGS or <Candle_Home>\TMAITM6__X64\LOGS.

We can change the log path by modifying the log path location in this variable in the agent env file (K3ZENV )
    KBB_RAS1_LOG=C:\IBM\ITM\tmaitm6_x64\logs\$(computername)_3z_k3zcma_$(sysutcstart)-.log INVENTORY=C:\IBM\ITM\tmaitm6_x64\logs\$(computername)_3z_k3zcma.inv COUNT=03 LIMIT=5 PRESERVE=1 MAXFILES=9

Please let me know if you are looking for some different information.

Thanks,
    Manish