Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-03-01T06:35:59Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
847 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic ITCAM for AD - Customize log files

‏2012-01-10T12:12:47Z |
hello,

I need to redirect the data collector logs to be saved in the filesystem / tmp.

I saw in the documentation that can be done by modifying the properties files and cyn-cclog.properties cynlogging.properties.

What changes do I have to do in these files to redirect the data collector logs to the desired location?
Thank you all.
regards
Updated on 2012-03-01T06:35:59Z at 2012-03-01T06:35:59Z by SystemAdmin
  • davidlskeen
    davidlskeen
    68 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ITCAM for AD - Customize log files

‏2012-01-17T17:05:02Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    If you change all the *DIR and dir vars in <DC>/runtime/<server>/dc..properties (dc.env.properties and dc.java.properties) that will redirect all logging to a custom directory. This is described at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v24r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.itcamfad.doc_7101%2Fplanning_an_installation%2FWebSphereAgent.html&resultof=%22dc%2eenv%2eproperties%22%20
    --
    Dave Skeen
    • davidlskeen
      davidlskeen
      68 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-17T19:09:56Z  in response to davidlskeen
      Trying again, hopefully will not be mangled by the forum editor
      If you change all the variables ending in DIR, Dir, or dir in <DC>/runtime/<server>/dc.*.properties (dc.env.properties and dc.java.properties) that will redirect all logging to a custom directory. This is described at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v24r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.itcamfad.doc_7101%2Fplanning_an_installation%2FWebSphereAgent.html
      --
      Dave Skeen
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        847 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-25T16:02:33Z  in response to davidlskeen
        Thanks Davidskeen.

I was change the dc.env.properties and dc.java.properties and logs redirect to my new directory.

It´s strange because the Tivoli Documentation said that you modified another files in another document but the real information is about dc.env.properties and dc.java.properties.

Best regards.
        Abel.
        • davidlskeen
          davidlskeen
          68 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-25T16:58:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          We will fix that in info center (I've seen a corrected draft, hopefully it gets to the web site soon).
          --
          Dave Skeen
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            847 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-26T14:57:14Z  in response to davidlskeen
            Thanks Dave.

Now I'm fighting the port consolidator. It works as it should.

I will open another post shortly with the information.

Again, thanks for everything.
            Abel Llergo.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    847 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-01T06:35:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hello,
    As per the post seem you are trying to change the logs for ITCAMfMA: Active directory Agent.
    The default folder for these logs is in <Candle_Home>\TMAITM6\LOGS or <Candle_Home>\TMAITM6__X64\LOGS.

We can change the log path by modifying the log path location in this variable in the agent env file (K3ZENV )
    KBB_RAS1_LOG=C:\IBM\ITM\tmaitm6_x64\logs\$(computername)_3z_k3zcma_$(sysutcstart)-.log INVENTORY=C:\IBM\ITM\tmaitm6_x64\logs\$(computername)_3z_k3zcma.inv COUNT=03 LIMIT=5 PRESERVE=1 MAXFILES=9

Please let me know if you are looking for some different information.

Thanks,
    Manish