Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-08-28T13:44:03Z by Steve_Curtin
Steve_Curtin
Steve_Curtin
3 Posts

Pinned topic DOORS native filters and parenthesis

‏2012-01-09T17:44:45Z |
I'm finding that my DOORS native filters will not work if the filter contains paraenthetical data, such as "Filter Data (1)". Filter "Object Text == Filter Data (1)" will not work as a native filter, but will work as a scripted filter.

To add to this, "Filter Data ()", "Filter Data )1(", "Filter Data 1)", etc., will work as native filters.

Anyone else having this same problem?
Updated on 2012-08-28T13:44:03Z at 2012-08-28T13:44:03Z by Steve_Curtin
  • Steve_Curtin
    Steve_Curtin
    3 Posts

Re: DOORS native filters and parenthesis

‏2012-08-27T20:09:45Z  
    Still haveing this problem. For example the native filter with variable "Subsystem == ${CurrentMapSubsystem}" will not work if the "CurrentMapSubsystem" is "Subsystem (A)" Any clue?
  • kbmurphy
    kbmurphy
    97 Posts

‏2012-08-27T20:56:09Z  
    Still haveing this problem. For example the native filter with variable "Subsystem == ${CurrentMapSubsystem}" will not work if the "CurrentMapSubsystem" is "Subsystem (A)" Any clue?
    Try turning regular expressions on and searching for

Subsystem \(A\)

Heck, try it without regular expressions too.
  • Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1654 Posts

‏2012-08-28T07:09:47Z  
    Hey Steve,

Kevin provided the solution but I want to describe how native filters for DOORS are processed in RPE. When such a filter is found RPE creates a temporary view and applies that filter to it. So for the native filter to work it must be a valid DOORS filter. We recommend you always test the native filter in DOORS before creating the filter in RPE.

Regards,
    Dragos

RPE Actual
  • Steve_Curtin
    Steve_Curtin
    3 Posts

‏2012-08-28T13:44:03Z  
    Hey Steve,

Kevin provided the solution but I want to describe how native filters for DOORS are processed in RPE. When such a filter is found RPE creates a temporary view and applies that filter to it. So for the native filter to work it must be a valid DOORS filter. We recommend you always test the native filter in DOORS before creating the filter in RPE.

Regards,
    Dragos

RPE Actual
    Maybe I'm not explaining it right so I'll get verbose, but try to simplify the overall structure. Let's say I have a module(actually there are 6) with Object Text and a bunch of other attributes associated with each object:
    <Object Text>
    SS 1
    SS 2()
    SS 1(a)
    SS 2()
    SS 1(a)
    etc.

Each Object(subsystem) connects(interfaces) with another so I map each subsystem in a Map Module (which contains information for each interface).
    <Subsystem> <Connecting Subsystem>
    SS 1 SS 1(a)
    SS 1 SS 1
    SS 1(a) SS 2()
    etc

For each subsystem I create a document. So I have a loop in RPE for each object in the map module that contains the subsystem I'm creating the doument for, so my filter for that loop in RPE is "Subsystem == ${SubsystemVariable} || Connecting Subsystem == ${SubsystemVariable}". Then for each object in the map module that satisfies the filter I have another RPE loop that looks at each of the other 6 modules and pulls the requried data.

The filter "Subsystem == SS 1(a) || Connecting Subsystem == SS1(a)" works in DOORS, but in RPE if SubsystemVariable = SS 1(a) the filter returns nothing. Oddly enough if SubsystemVariable = SS 2(), the filter works.
    So to use Regexp I would need to break SubsystemVariable apart and put it back together with the escape charactors inserted. I would think that is not the intended behavior for a native DOORS RPE filter. I also tried Attribute 'Subsystem' contains '${SubsystemVariable}' (case sensitive). For now I'll just continue to use Scripted filters so I don't have to be concerned about missint things.

Thanks for the response.