2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-01-20T11:17:27Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
3659 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Rational RoseRT gets stuck when invoking it on RHEL4

‏2012-01-09T11:43:45Z |
Hi all,
This question might seem simple (it was to me as well firstly ),gradually it has become a serious problem for me

The issue is that when i source the rosert_setup.sh and try to invoke rose real time using RoseRT command sometimes never gets started .To start it ,i have to restart my linux os(RHEL 4) .Firstly, i thought because of the license server (and due to many Rational tools running through on the same OS),but when i tried it on a system with only this particular Rational tool was alone installed,still i faced the same issue .

Here ,i need to mention one more thing that along with the .sh file ,there would be one more .csh file that gets installed (which can also be sourced ,if running a c-shell) .I see errors when i try to source the .csh file .Not sure why it gives such an error (look at the screen shot for the error)
Please help me out.
Thanks in advance ..
RoseRT version : 7.0.0.0
license server version (tried on versions) : 7.0 and 8.1.1
license type : permanent
Updated on 2012-01-20T11:17:27Z at 2012-01-20T11:17:27Z by SystemAdmin
  • sravankumarl
    sravankumarl
    11 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Rational RoseRT gets stuck when invoking it on RHEL4

‏2012-01-11T06:27:41Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

regarding the csh script. you are running csh script in bash shell. so you are getting this error. In bash shell you need to source rosert_setup.sh.

For the original problem you reported. Please review this link Link: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PK52473
    This problem occurs randomly. I hope this helps

Regards,
    Sravan
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      3659 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Rational RoseRT gets stuck when invoking it on RHEL4

‏2012-01-20T11:17:27Z  in response to sravankumarl
      Thanks shravan,
      You are right that i was in bash shell and was trying to use .csh file .
      Thanks for the link :)