• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-18T02:23:51Z by Lins007
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
15496 Posts

Pinned topic Accessing DB2 datasource from Framework Manager Client

‏2012-01-09T08:51:03Z |
Hi ALL

We have a db2 database in Mainframe system.We need to create reports from that database.

We have created a datasource connection for the db2 database in Cognos.

I have installed Cognos Framework Manager client in my local desktop.When I tried to access the db2 datasource,it is giving the following error.

QE-DEF-0285 The logon failed.
QE-DEF-0325 The logon failed for the following reason:
RQP-DEF-0068 Unable to connect to at least one database during a multi-database attach to 1 database(s) in:
PDB

UDA-SQL-0031 Unable to access the "PDB" database.
UDA-SQL-0107 A general exception has occurred during the operation "attach".
IBMCLI Driver SQL1031N The database directory cannot be found on the indicated file system. SQLSTATE=58031

I have not installed db2 connect or client in my system.

If db2 connect or db2 client has to be installed,Could any one tell me the configuration needs to done in db2 to access the db2 datasource.
Updated on 2012-01-09T15:37:27Z at 2012-01-09T15:37:27Z by DJ6
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    15496 Posts

Re: Accessing DB2 datasource from Framework Manager Client

‏2012-01-09T09:54:26Z  
    It appears that the Cognos server has a DB2 client installed already. However, it is not clear whether it is the correct version to access DB2 on your mainframe or if it has been configured correctly. If the database client were not available to Cognos then you would get a message about Cognos being unable to find the gateway file libcogudad2.so or a similarly named file.

Before you will be able to connect to the database with Cognos you will need to configure the database client software on the Cognos server. Start with attempting to connect to the database using the db2 command line utilities. If you cannot connect with the command line utilities which come with the DB2 client then you might consider posting your problem in the DB2 forum.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    15496 Posts

‏2012-01-09T09:54:57Z  
    It appears that the Cognos server has a DB2 client installed already. However, it is not clear whether it is the correct version to access DB2 on your mainframe or if it has been configured correctly. If the database client were not available to Cognos then you would get a message about Cognos being unable to find the gateway file libcogudad2.so or a similarly named file.

Before you will be able to connect to the database with Cognos you will need to configure the database client software on the Cognos server. Start with attempting to connect to the database using the db2 command line utilities. If you cannot connect with the command line utilities which come with the DB2 client then you might consider posting your problem in the DB2 forum.
    Also note that the DB2 client must be a 32-bit driver.
  • DJ6
    DJ6
    43 Posts

‏2012-01-09T15:37:27Z  
    Hi,
    When you installed Framework Manager on your local desktop did you also install DB2 client software? If not you need to do this in order to connect to your DB2 database (Framework manager only get connections info from server and uses local DB2 client to communicate to database), If you have already installed DB2 Database on your local desktop you might want to check you db2 catalogs match your cognos serve catelogs...

Thanks,
    -daya.
  • Lins007
    Lins007
    1 Post

‏2013-07-18T02:23:51Z  

Hi ,

I am a new comer to Cognos .

I too face the same issue error as above with Cognos Framework manager 10.2 .

QE-DEF-0285 The logon failed.
    QE-DEF-0325 The logon failed for the following reason:
    RQP-DEF-0068 Unable to connect to at least one database during a multi-database attach to 1 database(s) in:
    BMTII

UDA-SQL-0031 Unable to access the "BMTII" database. Check that the connection parameters to the database are configured correctly. For example, ensure that the data source connection contains the signon information, such as a password, to connect to the database.
    UDA-SQL-0107 A general exception has occurred during the operation "attach".

I have been using this connection with FM 8 and was working all this while .

I have installed  a DB2 client as well and have a connection set up for the above datasource.

Recently I migrated my OS from Win XP to Win 7 . Not sure if this error is occuring after that though.

Please help if anyone has resolved this issue before.

Thanks a lot.