• 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-01-12T15:48:25Z by nittinjain
nittinjain
nittinjain
4 Posts

Pinned topic Unable to view server list under Task Specific Settings panel

‏2012-01-05T19:15:58Z |
Hello,

We have installed FSM 4.5.0 and everything seems to be working fine. We are able to monitor all AE, CE and PE server(s). But when we try to build tasks for viewing queue statistics we face some issues. When we select "IBM FileNet 4.x (AE, CE, PE, PA) and CE 5.x" from product drop down and "View Process Engine Queue Statistics" from Task, the drop downs under Task Specific Settings panel does not populate.

I've also attached a screen shot.

Please let me know if anyone has ever faced this kind of issue with FSM 4.5.0.
Updated on 2012-01-12T15:48:25Z at 2012-01-12T15:48:25Z by nittinjain
  • Steven_Bass
    Steven_Bass
    31 Posts

Re: Unable to view server list under Task Specific Settings panel

‏2012-01-05T20:55:05Z  
    Are you able to run other PE releated tasks?
  • nittinjain
    nittinjain
    4 Posts

‏2012-01-05T20:58:59Z  
    Steve,

I'm not able to run task related to CE, PE and AE. But I see events are being reported. But when I open FSM Task Execution Manager and select IBM FileNet 4.x from the product drop down I don't see any values in the Task Specific Settings fields.

Thanks!!
  • Steven_Bass
    Steven_Bass
    31 Posts

‏2012-01-06T16:13:42Z  
    Steve,

I'm not able to run task related to CE, PE and AE. But I see events are being reported. But when I open FSM Task Execution Manager and select IBM FileNet 4.x from the product drop down I don't see any values in the Task Specific Settings fields.

Thanks!!
    I am not able to reproduce this behavior. It sounds like an installation error (anomaly)of some type. In the absence of any other responses, I suggest contacting support.
  • JQG7_Adam_Gottstein
    JQG7_Adam_Gottstein
    13 Posts

‏2012-01-12T13:58:23Z  
    It sounds like you haven't defined your P8 environment in FSM and pushed out the P8 component-specific clients.

When you installed, did you select "FSM IBM ECM Core Clients (P8, IM, CM8, etc)" or "FSM Base clients and non Core ECM Clients"? If you selected the second, there is your problem. The base clients is only base system monitoring. You need to install the FSM Core Client.

Assuming you installed the Core Client, then I would suggest pulling it up again and verifying everything is listed correctly. Specifically you would be looking at the "Configure IBM FileNet P8 4.x and 5.x" options. The screenshot you provided is exactly what you would see if this section wasn't configured and client pushed.

I'm still relatively new to FSM, so I'm not sure if the Task Execution Manager gets the configured hosts lists from the repository (crx://repos/config/PAM by default) or from the actively connected hosts, but hopefully this helps you resolve your problem.
  • nittinjain
    nittinjain
    4 Posts

‏2012-01-12T14:21:23Z  
    It sounds like you haven't defined your P8 environment in FSM and pushed out the P8 component-specific clients.

When you installed, did you select "FSM IBM ECM Core Clients (P8, IM, CM8, etc)" or "FSM Base clients and non Core ECM Clients"? If you selected the second, there is your problem. The base clients is only base system monitoring. You need to install the FSM Core Client.

Assuming you installed the Core Client, then I would suggest pulling it up again and verifying everything is listed correctly. Specifically you would be looking at the "Configure IBM FileNet P8 4.x and 5.x" options. The screenshot you provided is exactly what you would see if this section wasn't configured and client pushed.

I'm still relatively new to FSM, so I'm not sure if the Task Execution Manager gets the configured hosts lists from the repository (crx://repos/config/PAM by default) or from the actively connected hosts, but hopefully this helps you resolve your problem.
    Thanks for your response !!
    We did all configurations...and if we select "FSM IBM ECM Core Clients (P8, IM, CM8, etc)" and then look at "Configure IBM FileNet P8 4.x and 5.x" we can see all our servers listed over there. I checked the configuration couple of times and everything seems to be fine with the configuration. We are able to monitor evens on different servers the only problem we are facing is with Task Execution Manager.
  • JQG7_Adam_Gottstein
    JQG7_Adam_Gottstein
    13 Posts

‏2012-01-12T15:36:07Z  
    Thanks for your response !!
    We did all configurations...and if we select "FSM IBM ECM Core Clients (P8, IM, CM8, etc)" and then look at "Configure IBM FileNet P8 4.x and 5.x" we can see all our servers listed over there. I checked the configuration couple of times and everything seems to be fine with the configuration. We are able to monitor evens on different servers the only problem we are facing is with Task Execution Manager.
    Does Task Execution Manager list your servers in the Standard Product tasks? Does it show your servers in any of the other IBM FileNet 4.x (AE, CE, PE, PA) and CE 5.x, specifically ones that deal with other parts of the system such as CE or AE? (Trying to see the scope of what isn't showing up properly in TEMA.)

I guess along with that goes asking which version of P8 you are running, specifically PE, since that is the product monitor in question.
  • nittinjain
    nittinjain
    4 Posts

‏2012-01-12T15:48:25Z  
    Does Task Execution Manager list your servers in the Standard Product tasks? Does it show your servers in any of the other IBM FileNet 4.x (AE, CE, PE, PA) and CE 5.x, specifically ones that deal with other parts of the system such as CE or AE? (Trying to see the scope of what isn't showing up properly in TEMA.)

I guess along with that goes asking which version of P8 you are running, specifically PE, since that is the product monitor in question.
    Yes it shows servers under Standard Product and if we try to check the Cala Status it shows success on all servers (AE, PE, CE, FSM). However as soon as I select IBM FileNet P8 4.x it doesn't show me anything. We are on IBM FileNet P8 4.5.1 and FSM version is 4.5.0.