4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-01-09T10:52:38Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
3659 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic RoseRT Target RTS configuration

‏2012-01-04T15:38:45Z |
Hi all,
I have configured RoseRT Target RTS for Lynx OS (C++ language).When i am compiling a model ,i see errors for cout ,cin,endl .I don't want to explicitly add iostream header (infact its my client requirement).So, i want to give the path to the lib folder in lynxos containing libstdc++.a
My question is,
1.)Where should i give the library path (i.elike in targetccflags or libsetccflags etc ,not at all sure where to add the library) ?

2.)Is libstdc++.a the correct library (i mean the alternative for iostream header)?
Please help me,expecting replies asap ...:(

Very Thankful ,inadvance
Updated on 2012-01-09T10:52:38Z at 2012-01-09T10:52:38Z by SystemAdmin
  • sravankumarl
    sravankumarl
    11 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: RoseRT Target RTS configuration

‏2012-01-06T11:12:06Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

As far as I remember cout, cin and endl are not used in TargetRTS. Probably you must be using them in the model.

There are two parts to TargetRTS.

1. Target (ostype) eg NT40T
    2. Libset (Compiler)eg. x86-VisualC++-6.0

Together it forms as NT40T.x86-VisualC++-6.0

If you add path to targetccflags or libsetccflags the path will be searched for all models
    If the path you going to add is related to Target add it to targetccflags if related to libset add to libsetccflags.

If you are using the above calls in the model. You can add the #include files in the model itself right click on the capsule where these are used and select open specification, select c++ tab and provide the # includes in header preface

For adding user libraries you can added the libraries in C++ Executable under component specifications

Regards,
    Sravan
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      3659 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-08T12:32:27Z  in response to sravankumarl
      Hi Shravan,

Thank you very much on your reply. I should have mentioned that the error is with the model ..(sry on that) .
      I was asking whether i can mention any path to the folder containing the iostream (instead of including the #include in the header preface of the C++ option of the capsule's specification )
      I have one more doubt dude..
      While i configure a new Target RTS ,immediately after my build(build of the Target RTS,i mean ) i see the newly configured Target RTS becomes read only . .(i mean i loose the EDIT and DELETE options ,look at the screen shot ) .What option have i choosen to do this ,i don't know .. :(
      Anyways, i have no problem not having EDIT option (as i can edit my target.mk,libset.mk ,config.mk and setup.pl through the options available as Target ,libset .. and configuration .. buttons on the Target Wizard ) .But, how to delete this newly configured Target RTS :( (if at all i have done anything wrong )

This did not happen when i was doing it (configuring the Target RTS) for the very first time.When i changed the system,i was working on .. this issue started .From then on when ever i configure a new Target RTS on any system ,i have this problem on every PC i work on .. i don't know why ?

NOTE : I have choosen MINIMAL option other than editing the .mk (make files) and the setup.pl ... That is all i did ....

What could be wrong ..?
      • sravankumarl
        sravankumarl
        11 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-09T06:39:55Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hi,

The include paths can be specified in InclusionPaths (Component, C++ Compilation).

I am not sure how you can use cin,cout function without including the library where they were defined. These needs to be defined by some header file in the model. It may be possible that customer might be implemented cin, cout differently in the project you may need to use those functions from a different header file. Please check with you team regarding that

Regarding the problem of greying out EDIT and Delete options check the variable $supported in setup.pl. If this variable is set to Yes. these options will be greyed out(disabled). Please refer to TargetRTS porting guide for correct options for this

Thanks
        Sravan
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          3659 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-01-09T10:52:38Z  in response to sravankumarl
          Hi shravan,
          Really thanks a lot for all your answers dude.
          Regarding the header inclusion ,the client is now happy to include it in the way you and i know (adding it at the specification of the capsule ,on the C++ option) no issues with that ..

Coming to greying out the edit and delete ,oh shit i would have missed out this while reading abt this i the pdf guide ..

Really thanks a lot ..