Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-03-27T22:45:04Z by WillyLesmana
WillyLesmana
WillyLesmana
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Need Help On SAP Integration

‏2012-01-02T03:38:17Z |
I have been asked to create a POC orchestration for SAP Integration. The scenario is to create a new Employee record (New Hire) in SAP based on HTTP Post request data.

I have beeen trying to find the solution through internet (google) for BAPI on Employee Creation (New Hire) but found nothing. Or maybe because It's because of my limited knowledge about SAP.

I have also tried to search the TIPS but found nothing similiar solution to the problem. Most SAP TIPS is about reading from SAP to other Cloud Application(s).

I have also experimenting with HR_MAINTAIN_MASTERDATA functional module in SAP with result in error message "fill in all required fields".

My question is: is there anyway this could be done using cast iron BAPI ? or should I need to find SAP Expert to help me create an RFC for the integration need ? or is there any other way to do this ?

Thank you for any of your attention and help...
Updated on 2012-03-27T22:45:04Z at 2012-03-27T22:45:04Z by WillyLesmana
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    100 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Need Help On SAP Integration

‏2012-01-02T08:43:34Z  in response to WillyLesmana
    Hi,
    I am not an SAP expert either, but looking around I found this thread which may help http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-abap/create-employee-sap-using-bapi-3384573 (using BAPI_APPLICANT_CREATE).

Regards,
    Magali
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    100 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-02T10:39:38Z  in response to WillyLesmana
    Hi WillyLesmana,

the effect you encounter is finally driven by the way how SAP is treating your request. CastIron is populating the CallObject(InputRequest) correctly and makes the call in the SAP ERP - within the ERP system this synchronous call is executed and the input is verified. Based on the customizing/configuration in the SAP ERP the system needs several fields to be populated or not. In an ideal world the interface description would make these fields mandatory but this is not true on all SAP function modules. It is also possible that some function modules check not only the existence of field but also it the content makes sense.

Finally, you have to have a set of valid test data provided ideally by an SAP expert to do your work efficiently. Otherwise you might waste a lot of time with try and error.

Regards
    Khirallah
    • WillyLesmana
      WillyLesmana
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-27T22:45:04Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Khirallah,

Thanks for the reply. After 3 months of trial and error, finally it is done by the help of SAP Experts :-)

The solution for the new hire is provided by making an RFC call to the copy of HR_MAINTAIN_MASTERDATA and some configuration in SAP parts.