Topic
  • 9 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-11-28T12:02:58Z by Krishna.kn
JaJones727
JaJones727
23 Posts

Pinned topic Database Connection issues

‏2011-12-29T16:13:00Z |
We have recently updated our SA to SA 11.4.0.3. Now when users try to connect to the database they get a Permission denied Error 70. Everything was working fine with SA 11.3. Is there somewhere within SQL I need to set permissions at? We are using SQL 2005

Thanks
Updated on 2012-01-04T17:43:06Z at 2012-01-04T17:43:06Z by JaJones727
  • RobertoFdez
    RobertoFdez
    102 Posts

Re: Database Connection issues

‏2011-12-30T08:16:00Z  
    Hi,

SA by default creates a db user called SA User for everyone. You have to update it:

-Open SAEM SQL Server
    -Connect to the database as administrator.
    -Select one Encyclopedia.
    -Select Tools -> Create SAUser Role

This should fix you problem.

Regards,
    Roberto.
  • JaJones727
    JaJones727
    23 Posts

‏2011-12-30T13:10:22Z  
    Hi,

SA by default creates a db user called SA User for everyone. You have to update it:

-Open SAEM SQL Server
    -Connect to the database as administrator.
    -Select one Encyclopedia.
    -Select Tools -> Create SAUser Role

This should fix you problem.

Regards,
    Roberto.
    Roberto,

Thank you for your feed back. That does not seem to work. I can successfuly create the SAuser Role, but is there anything I am supposed to do with it? I have attached a screen shot of what is happening.

Thanks again,

Josh
  • JaJones727
    JaJones727
    23 Posts

‏2011-12-30T13:11:54Z  
    Roberto,

Thank you for your feed back. That does not seem to work. I can successfuly create the SAuser Role, but is there anything I am supposed to do with it? I have attached a screen shot of what is happening.

Thanks again,

Josh
    I guess it will not allow the users to login into the database. At the bottom of SAEM it says "not logged in"
  • JaJones727
    JaJones727
    23 Posts

‏2011-12-30T18:16:01Z  
    To add to this. We did some more looking around and found out that a non-admin user is able to login into SQL management studios and sees a list of all SQL servers on our network. They are also able to connect to our SQL instance that houses SA encyclopedias. But in SA and SAEM they can not see a list of the servers.
  • RobertoFdez
    RobertoFdez
    102 Posts

‏2012-01-02T08:13:24Z  
    To add to this. We did some more looking around and found out that a non-admin user is able to login into SQL management studios and sees a list of all SQL servers on our network. They are also able to connect to our SQL instance that houses SA encyclopedias. But in SA and SAEM they can not see a list of the servers.
    You should have one db user for each SA user, right? Try to assign manually the role "SA User" to an user. Please check that the SA Role have read/write permission in the SA databases. If you can connect to SA with that user, please tell us.

One question, your encyclopedias are enterprise or professional?
  • JaJones727
    JaJones727
    23 Posts

‏2012-01-03T17:55:10Z  
    You should have one db user for each SA user, right? Try to assign manually the role "SA User" to an user. Please check that the SA Role have read/write permission in the SA databases. If you can connect to SA with that user, please tell us.

One question, your encyclopedias are enterprise or professional?
    Thanks for the reply. I dont think I am following you or vis versa. Our encyclopedias are professional. The non-admin users have permissions to their encyclopedias. That issue at hand is the non-admin users cannot get the list of servers to even show up in SA and SAEM. In SA, they can manually type the server string in and connect to it, the encyclopedia list populates and then they are able to open one. In SAEM they are unable to type the server string in the connection list. When they try to click the drop down box they get a Permission denied Code:70
  • RobertoFdez
    RobertoFdez
    102 Posts

‏2012-01-04T08:02:19Z  
    Thanks for the reply. I dont think I am following you or vis versa. Our encyclopedias are professional. The non-admin users have permissions to their encyclopedias. That issue at hand is the non-admin users cannot get the list of servers to even show up in SA and SAEM. In SA, they can manually type the server string in and connect to it, the encyclopedia list populates and then they are able to open one. In SAEM they are unable to type the server string in the connection list. When they try to click the drop down box they get a Permission denied Code:70
    Ok, I understand you. Try to delete the content of the user folder of one user because sometimes it gets corrupted and then check. In Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Telelogic\System Architect

(do a backup before deleting the content)

Regards,
    Roberto.
  • JaJones727
    JaJones727
    23 Posts

‏2012-01-04T17:43:06Z  
    Ok, I understand you. Try to delete the content of the user folder of one user because sometimes it gets corrupted and then check. In Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Telelogic\System Architect

(do a backup before deleting the content)

Regards,
    Roberto.
    We have fixed the issue put simply reinstalling the application. Strange. Thanks for all the help!
  • Krishna.kn
    Krishna.kn
    1 Post

‏2013-11-28T12:02:58Z  
    We have fixed the issue put simply reinstalling the application. Strange. Thanks for all the help!

One of our customer was facing similar issue where in they were getting code 70 in SAEM. They managed to install SQL server management studio and it helped them to connect to the sql server using SAEM. There wasn't a need to re-install the application.