Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-10T09:54:37Z by jtonline
MDM85
MDM85
2 Posts

Pinned topic Error when installing MDM 8.5 for Back up WebSphere Profile.

‏2011-12-28T09:05:25Z |
Hi,

I am trying to intall MDM 8.5. When installing getting error 'already in use: NET_Bind' for Back up WebSphere Profile.
Please refer the log given below.

Back up WebSphere Profile
Start operation backupProfile
Wed Dec 28 13:57:38 IST 2011
Buildfile: C:\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.mdm.config.external.automation\build_external.xml

backupProfile:
backupProfile ADMU0116I: Tool information is being logged in file
backupProfile c:\IBM\SDP70\runtimes\base_v61\profiles\AppSrv02\logs\server1\startServer.log
backupProfile ADMU7701I: Because server1 is registered to run as a Windows Service, the
backupProfile request to start this server will be completed by starting the
backupProfile associated Windows Service.

backupProfile c:\IBM\SDP70\runtimes\base_v61\profiles\AppSrv02\logs\server1\startServer.log

backupProfile ADMU0128I: Starting tool with the AppSrv02 profile

backupProfile ADMU3100I: Reading configuration for server: server1

backupProfile ADMU3012E: Exception attempting to get free port for status socket Address

backupProfile already in use: NET_Bind

backupProfile ADMU3200I: Server launched. Waiting for initialization status.

backupProfile ADMU0111E: Program exiting with error: java.lang.NullPointerException

backupProfile ADMU1211I: To obtain a full trace of the failure, use the -trace option.

backupProfile ADMU0211I: Error details may be seen in the file:

backupProfile ADMU7704E: Failed while trying to start the Windows Service associated with
backupProfile server: server1;
backupProfile probable error executing WASService.exe: Starting
backupProfile Service: sanjraneNode02
backupProfile Service failed to start. startServer return
backupProfile code = -1
backupProfile WASX7023E: Error creating "SOAP" connection to host "localhost"; exception information: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorNotAvailableException: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorNotAvailableException: ADMC0016E: The system cannot create a SOAP connector to connect to host localhost at port 8881.
backupProfile WASX7213I: This scripting client is not connected to a server process; please refer to the log file c:\IBM\SDP70\runtimes\base_v61\profiles\AppSrv02\logs\wsadmin.traceout for additional information.
backupProfile WASX8011W: AdminTask object is not available.
backupProfile WASX7303I: The following options are passed to the scripting environment and are available as arguments that are stored in the argv variable: "C:/temp/profileBackup_AppSrv02.jar"

backupProfile Export Profile in archive C:/temp/profileBackup_AppSrv02.jar

backupProfile WASX7017E: Exception received while running file "C:/IBM/SDP70/plugins\MDMDevEnvTooling\scripts\exportWasprofile.jacl"; exception information: com.ibm.bsf.BSFException: error while eval'ing Jacl expression:
backupProfile can't read "AdminTask": no such variable
backupProfile while executing
backupProfile "$AdminTask exportWasprofile $exportProfileParams"
backupProfile c:\IBM\SDP70\runtimes\base_v61\profiles\AppSrv02\logs\server1\stopServer.log
backupProfile ADMU7702I: Because server1 is registered to run as a Windows Service, the
backupProfile request to stop this server will be completed by stopping the
backupProfile associated Windows Service.

backupProfile ADMU0128I: Starting tool with the AppSrv02 profile

backupProfile ADMU3100I: Reading configuration for server: server1

backupProfile ADMU3012E: Exception attempting to get free port for status socket Address

backupProfile already in use: NET_Bind

backupProfile ADMU3200I: Server launched. Waiting for initialization status.

backupProfile ADMU0111E: Program exiting with error: java.lang.NullPointerException

backupProfile ADMU1211I: To obtain a full trace of the failure, use the -trace option.

backupProfile ADMU0211I: Error details may be seen in the file:

backupProfile ADMU7705E: Failed while trying to stop the Windows Service associated with
backupProfile server: server1;
backupProfile probable error executing WASService.exe:
backupProfile Service
backupProfile failed to stop. stopServer return code -1

BUILD FAILED
C:\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.mdm.config.external.automation\build_external.xml:352: Fatal Error: There was a problem executing the task: Back up WebSphere Application Server The automation process will be terminated now.

Total time: 26 seconds
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: C:\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.mdm.config.external.automation\build_external.xml:352: Fatal Error: There was a problem executing the task: Back up WebSphere Application Server The automation process will be terminated now.
at org.eclipse.ant.core.AntRunner.handleInvocationTargetException(AntRunner.java:430)
at org.eclipse.ant.core.AntRunner.run(AntRunner.java:362)
at org.eclipse.ant.core.AntRunner.run(AntRunner.java:453)
at com.ibm.mdm.config.common.automation.engine.AntTaskRunner.run(Unknown Source)
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException[1]: C:\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.mdm.config.external.automation\build_external.xml:352: Fatal Error: There was a problem executing the task: Back up WebSphere Application Server The automation process will be terminated now.
at com.ibm.mdm.setup.tooling.tasks.BackupProfileTask.execute(BackupProfileTask.java:45)
at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:275)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:364)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:341)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:369)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1216)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1185)
at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:40)
at org.eclipse.ant.internal.core.ant.EclipseDefaultExecutor.executeTargets(EclipseDefaultExecutor.java:32)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1068)
at org.eclipse.ant.internal.core.ant.InternalAntRunner.run(InternalAntRunner.java:706)
at org.eclipse.ant.internal.core.ant.InternalAntRunner.run(InternalAntRunner.java:457)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at org.eclipse.ant.core.AntRunner.run(AntRunner.java:356)
at org.eclipse.ant.core.AntRunner.run(AntRunner.java:453)
at com.ibm.mdm.config.common.automation.engine.AntTaskRunner.run(Unknown Source)

Total time taken : 28 seconds
The log can be found at : C:\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.mdm.config.external.automation/automationLog.log
Updated on 2013-01-14T19:00:22Z at 2013-01-14T19:00:22Z by MYIBM14
  • MDM85
    MDM85
    2 Posts

Re: Error when installing MDM 8.5 for Back up WebSphere Profile.

‏2011-12-28T09:47:37Z  
    Additional information is the configuration that i have is RSA 7.0.0.8, WAS 6.1 ,Windows 7 and DB2 9.5

Does Windows 7 support MDM 8.5?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    938 Posts

‏2012-01-03T10:04:22Z  
    • MDM85
    • ‏2011-12-28T09:47:37Z
    Additional information is the configuration that i have is RSA 7.0.0.8, WAS 6.1 ,Windows 7 and DB2 9.5

Does Windows 7 support MDM 8.5?
    Hi,

I don't think that RSA 7.0 or the WAS 6.1 test server are supported on Windows 7. I have set up MDM v9.0.x on Windows 7 and there were no problems, except that you may have to run everything as administrator so that you have the right permissions.

The Backup profile step is not actually needed so you could skip it and see if the rest of the setup works.

Catherine.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    938 Posts

‏2012-01-08T13:21:07Z  
    Hi,

I don't think that RSA 7.0 or the WAS 6.1 test server are supported on Windows 7. I have set up MDM v9.0.x on Windows 7 and there were no problems, except that you may have to run everything as administrator so that you have the right permissions.

The Backup profile step is not actually needed so you could skip it and see if the rest of the setup works.

Catherine.
    Hi,

You can try installing on Windows 7 using using Windows 7 Compatibility options.
    You may also face problems while setting config table ad may have to load them manually.

Cheers!
  • MYIBM14
    MYIBM14
    1 Post

‏2013-01-14T19:00:22Z  
    Hi,

You can try installing on Windows 7 using using Windows 7 Compatibility options.
    You may also face problems while setting config table ad may have to load them manually.

Cheers!
    I am having the same issue while installing MDM 8.0.1.0 on RAD 7.0.0.6 & Windows 7.
    I tried skipping the Backup profile step but got the same issue
    (already in use: NET_Bind) at the step 'Deploy MDM Server To WebSphere’.

Please let me know if anyone has overcome this issue.

Below is the complete error trace.

Start operation deployEAR
    Sun Jan 06 10:31:44 EST 2013
    Buildfile: C:\workspace\MDM801\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.mdm.config.external.automation\build_external.xml

deployEAR:
    deployEAR ADMU0116I: Tool information is being logged in file c:\Program Files
    deployEAR (x86)\IBM\RSA70\SDP70\runtimes\base_v61\profiles\MDMServer\logs\server1\startServer.log
    deployEAR ADMU0128I: Starting tool with the MDMServer profile
    deployEAR ADMU3100I: Reading configuration for server: server1
    deployEAR ADMU3012E: Exception attempting to get free port for status socket Address
    deployEAR already in use: NET_Bind
    deployEAR ADMU3200I: Server launched. Waiting for initialization status.
    deployEAR ADMU0111E: Program exiting with error: java.lang.NullPointerException
    deployEAR ADMU1211I: To obtain a full trace of the failure, use the -trace option.
    deployEAR ADMU0211I: Error details may be seen in the file: c:\Program Files
    deployEAR (x86)\IBM\RSA70\SDP70\runtimes\base_v61\profiles\MDMServer\logs\server1\startServer.log
    deployEAR WASX7023E: Error creating "SOAP" connection to host "localhost"; exception information: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorNotAvailableException: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorNotAvailableException: ADMC0016E: The system cannot create a SOAP connector to connect to host localhost at port 8881.
    deployEAR WASX7213I: This scripting client is not connected to a server process; please refer to the log file c:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\RSA70\SDP70\runtimes\base_v61\profiles\MDMServer\logs\wsadmin.traceout for additional information.
    deployEAR WASX8011W: AdminTask object is not available.
    deployEAR WASX7017E: Exception received while running file "C:/PROGRA~2/IBM/RSA70/SDP70/plugins\MDMDevEnvTooling\scripts\uninstall_app.jacl"; exception information: com.ibm.ws.scripting.ScriptingException: WASX7206W: The application management service is not running. Application management commands will not run.

deployEAR WASX7023E: Error creating "SOAP" connection to host "localhost"; exception information: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorNotAvailableException: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorNotAvailableException: ADMC0016E: The system cannot create a SOAP connector to connect to host localhost at port 8881.
    deployEAR WASX7213I: This scripting client is not connected to a server process; please refer to the log file c:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\RSA70\SDP70\runtimes\base_v61\profiles\MDMServer\logs\wsadmin.traceout for additional information.
    deployEAR WASX7303I: The following options are passed to the scripting environment and are available as arguments that are stored in the argv variable: "VKSMN7FDV6Node02Cell, VKSMN7FDV6Node02, C:/wcc.ear"
    deployEAR WASX7017E: Exception received while running file "C:/PROGRA~2/IBM/RSA70/SDP70/plugins\MDMDevEnvTooling\scripts\install_app.jacl"; exception information: com.ibm.ws.scripting.ScriptingException: WASX7206W: The application management service is not running. Application management commands will not run.
    BUILD FAILED
  • ibm_bull
    ibm_bull
    1 Post

‏2013-06-08T03:27:36Z  
    • MYIBM14
    • ‏2013-01-14T19:00:22Z
    I am having the same issue while installing MDM 8.0.1.0 on RAD 7.0.0.6 & Windows 7.
    I tried skipping the Backup profile step but got the same issue
    (already in use: NET_Bind) at the step 'Deploy MDM Server To WebSphere’.

Please let me know if anyone has overcome this issue.

Below is the complete error trace.

Start operation deployEAR
    Sun Jan 06 10:31:44 EST 2013
    Buildfile: C:\workspace\MDM801\.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.mdm.config.external.automation\build_external.xml

deployEAR:
    deployEAR ADMU0116I: Tool information is being logged in file c:\Program Files
    deployEAR ADMU0128I: Starting tool with the MDMServer profile
    deployEAR ADMU3100I: Reading configuration for server: server1
    deployEAR ADMU3012E: Exception attempting to get free port for status socket Address
    deployEAR already in use: NET_Bind
    deployEAR ADMU3200I: Server launched. Waiting for initialization status.
    deployEAR ADMU0111E: Program exiting with error: java.lang.NullPointerException
    deployEAR ADMU1211I: To obtain a full trace of the failure, use the -trace option.
    deployEAR ADMU0211I: Error details may be seen in the file: c:\Program Files
    deployEAR WASX7017E: Exception received while running file "C:/PROGRA~2/IBM/RSA70/SDP70/plugins\MDMDevEnvTooling\scripts\uninstall_app.jacl"; exception information: com.ibm.ws.scripting.ScriptingException: WASX7206W: The application management service is not running. Application management commands will not run.

deployEAR WASX7303I: The following options are passed to the scripting environment and are available as arguments that are stored in the argv variable: "VKSMN7FDV6Node02Cell, VKSMN7FDV6Node02, C:/wcc.ear"
    deployEAR WASX7017E: Exception received while running file "C:/PROGRA~2/IBM/RSA70/SDP70/plugins\MDMDevEnvTooling\scripts\install_app.jacl"; exception information: com.ibm.ws.scripting.ScriptingException: WASX7206W: The application management service is not running. Application management commands will not run.
    BUILD FAILED

me too,

RAD 7.0

If there is any solution,pls help me ! thanks

• jtonline
    jtonline
    38 Posts

‏2013-06-10T09:54:37Z  
    • ibm_bull
    • ‏2013-06-08T03:27:36Z

me too,

RAD 7.0

If there is any solution,pls help me ! thanks

My guess from some of the errors is that the install paths are causing problems. MDM 8.5 is not supported on Windows 7 but have a look at the Workbench FAQ which may help:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/W2c3ebf603f05_4460_8e8b_a26780b35b45/page/MDM%20Workbench%20FAQ

Good luck.