Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-12-28T12:10:50Z by Forrest_Xia
K6R3_Asesh_Ghosal
K6R3_Asesh_Ghosal
1 Post

Pinned topic Server Loaded ut Project loading fails into the server WASCE 2.0

‏2011-12-27T12:25:10Z |
I have my WASCE 2.0 installed in C:\ProgramFiles\IBM\WASCE and it is x86 machine, the server is loading properly, but while integrating with eclipse IDE the server loads properly but the project i'm trying to load is not getting loaded...its showing me a Error, the Stack trace is as follows

Distribution of module failed. See log for details.
Error unmarshaling return; nested exception is:
java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: Files/IBM/WebSphere/AppServerCommunityEdition/repository/org/apache/geronimo/modules/geronimo-common/2.0.1/geronimo-common-2.0.1.jar
java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling return; nested exception is:
java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: Files/IBM/WebSphere/AppServerCommunityEdition/repository/org/apache/geronimo/modules/geronimo-common/2.0.1/geronimo-common-2.0.1.jar
at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jmx.remote.internal.PRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl_Stub.invoke(Unknown Source)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector$RemoteMBeanServerConnection.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.geronimo.system.jmx.KernelDelegate.invokeKernel(KernelDelegate.java:889)
at org.apache.geronimo.system.jmx.KernelDelegate.invoke(KernelDelegate.java:550)
at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDeploy(AbstractDeployCommand.java:116)
at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run(DistributeCommand.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: Files/IBM/WebSphere/AppServerCommunityEdition/repository/org/apache/geronimo/modules/geronimo-common/2.0.1/geronimo-common-2.0.1.jar
at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.pathToURLs(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.rmi.server.RMIClassLoader$2.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.rmi.server.RMIClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.server.MarshalInputStream.resolveClass(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)
... 10 more
Please can some one resolve this issue, I am also using Jdk_5 and Eclipse indigo
Updated on 2011-12-28T12:10:50Z at 2011-12-28T12:10:50Z by Forrest_Xia
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2233 Posts

Re: Server Loaded ut Project loading fails into the server WASCE 2.0

‏2011-12-28T00:35:13Z  
    The WAS CE installation path should not contain whitespace, e.g. "Program Files" should be changed to "ProgramFiles" or other path that without whitespace.
  • Forrest_Xia
    Forrest_Xia
    82 Posts

Re: Server Loaded ut Project loading fails into the server WASCE 2.0

‏2011-12-28T12:10:50Z  
    The WAS CE installation path should not contain whitespace, e.g. "Program Files" should be changed to "ProgramFiles" or other path that without whitespace.
    WAS CE could be installed in a path with white space in its name, for example, on windows, the default install directory is "C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServerCommunityEdition".

I have two questions to this issue reported:
    1. WAS CE v2.0.x.x is out of date, why not using the v2.1.x.x releases or the latest release v3.0.0.0?
    2. What specific operations you did which requires an artifact from geronimo framework modules(geronimo-common)? Can you elaborate the recurring steps with necessary test app?

Thanks!

Forrest